Re: Is there a way to force attachment and calendar widgets to stay at the front (157 Views)
Honored Contributor
Audrey H.
Message 1 of 5 (208 Views)

Is there a way to force attachment and calendar widgets to stay at the front

Hi,

Sometime when a user clicks on the "Add File" for attachment, or launches a calendar widget from a date field, they unintentionally and sometimes without noticing, click somewhere else in their ticket and the add attachment or calendar widget disappears in behind that screen.  This can be annoying for the user and sometime they don't even realise they've done it and think the action is not working.

Is there a way to force these applet windows to stay at the front?

Audrey

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Luis_Alfaro
Message 2 of 5 (192 Views)

Re: Is there a way to force attachment and calendar widgets to stay at the front

Hi,

Using my OOB 9.31 client, when I click "Add" in the attachment section the window stays there until I select a file or cancel the action. I cannot do anything else while that window is displayed.

What is the version of your SM?

Regards,

Luis Alfaro
SM Support Engineer
Forum Moderator

If you find this post useful, please Kudo it
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jacob Heubner
Message 3 of 5 (170 Views)

Re: Is there a way to force attachment and calendar widgets to stay at the front

I'm assuming her description was on the web client, and your answer was with the desktop client.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Audrey H.
Message 4 of 5 (162 Views)

Hi,

Sorry, I should have explained myself better.  Jacob is correct, I am talking about from the web client (v9.31.2004).  While in the web client when I click on the "Add File" in the Attachment section or on the fill of a date field, the secondary window that pops up can move behind the main browser window if you click outside of it.  I'm wondering is there is a way to force it to remain on top or in the front?

Audrey

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Amen16
Message 5 of 5 (157 Views)

Hi Audrey,

I haven't seen anything previous issues reported like this in the past but an Enhancement request to change the screen size as seen here:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1E76194

Regards,

Alex

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation