Incident management (241 Views)
Advisor
ab2013
Message 1 of 5 (241 Views)

Incident management

Hello,

We are using SM 9.3.

Our BSM is integrated with SM 9.3 and sending all OMi incidents to SM incident management using direct integration process.

Now our customer wants to raise those incidents in Service desk module instead of IM module.

Please enlight if this can be happen either by

1. BSM integrate to SD module of SM instead of IM module. If not....

2. Copying / POST ing IM data to SD module.

Thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor
Gaurav_gds
Message 2 of 5 (222 Views)

Re: Incident management

Hi,

I do not think this is possible with current integration setup because during integration process you no where specify what module or what web services to use.

OMi will open only an Incident in Service Manager.

Even as an ITSM/ITIL process it is incorrect to open an Interaction ticket for an event occouring for some outage in your IT Infrastructure.

Still if you want to, then you can attempt by writting a trigger on probsummary table, that would take all the values from opened Incident and open a new corresponding Interaction.

Assign Kudos by clicking on Star on your left ,if this post helped you in any manner...Thanks...

Gaurav
Advisor
ab2013
Message 3 of 5 (218 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain the trigger part??? Or some examples how it works....

I have tried POST (subroutine) but it is failing due to some error, not able to post in incidents table.

It will be very useful.

Thanks,

Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 4 of 5 (204 Views)

how do you have integration using scauto or CIT?
Do not know much about CIT but in scauto seems to be possible and OMU expert will be required.
Since scauto use event-services hence have to mention the map name in scauto and in SM you can register/create with same name.

or otherwise use triggers but it will disable the feature of auto update/close form omu as no id will be in sysnc with OMi and SM

hth,
Message 5 of 5 (196 Views)

Hello,

Please help me defining triggers so that i can open service desk calls from incidents.

I have tried using subroutines but it is showing error ofg post.fc

Thanks

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.