Re: Incident is Resolved but showing IM.close.incident form but not going IM.update.incident (454 Views)
Advisor
Basavaraj_Dani
Message 1 of 13 (476 Views)

Incident is Resolved but showing IM.close.incident form but not going IM.update.incident

Hi,

When incident staus changing to "Resolved" and after clicked on save ,its showing IM.close.incident form but its not going to IM.update.incident form so i am unable to modify the fields.Please help me in this.

Thanks,

Basavaraj Dani

Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 2 of 13 (454 Views)

Re: Incident is Resolved but showing IM.close.incident form but not going IM.update.incident

If you are using two-step closed?Resolved status (where you have a Resolve option in the toolbar before a Close option), this is expected behavior. You can modify the closed form to make the fields editable if the ticket is not actually closed using forms designer. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Advisor
Basavaraj_Dani
Message 3 of 13 (445 Views)

Re: Incident is Resolved but showing IM.close.incident form but not going IM.update.incident

Hi,

My issue is when changing incident status to "Resolved" (not button its contain in the status combo) after clicked on Save it is going to IM.close.incident but it should be in the IM.update.incident from

Trusted Contributor
hpsmsupport
Message 4 of 13 (444 Views)

Hi Basavaraj,

Go to environment variables of Incident Management and remove check from "use resolve status"

This will solve your problem, as in this will not take you to close form insted u will stay on update form.

Assign Kudos if this as helped you.

Regards,

Madhan

Advisor
Basavaraj_Dani
Message 5 of 13 (439 Views)

IN environment records Use Resolved Status is unchecked only but its happenning randomly,

when changing the status to "Resolved" and clicked on Save its showing IM.close form but after some time we clciked its going to IM.update form.

Trusted Contributor
hpsmsupport
Message 6 of 13 (432 Views)

HI Basavaraj,

if u r have test bed then load resolve action process of OOB then do the testing.

Before you do this, take a backup 

Regards,

Madhan

Advisor
Basavaraj_Dani
Message 7 of 13 (422 Views)

In Test bed also happening same thing.now i am working on Test environment .

Advisor
Basavaraj_Dani
Message 8 of 13 (421 Views)

the issue happeninh when "Closed" ticket status chenges to "Resolved" and cliked on Save ,the form showing IM.close thats y i am unable do the update any fields

Trusted Contributor
hpsmsupport
Message 9 of 13 (408 Views)

Hi Basavaraj,

can you tell me ur requirement, with respect to ur previous post I see you want to update closed tickets; to achive that you are reopening the ticket, correct me if my understanding is wrong.

In case if u want to update the close ticket, you can that in profiles.

Regards,

Madhan

Advisor
Basavaraj_Dani
Message 10 of 13 (402 Views)

Hi,

whatever u are understood thats right,When a Closed ticket is reopened, we are unable to update any fields after changing the status from Open to Resolved. Once status changed  "Open" to  "Resolved" the form is going to IM.close.incidnets,

my requirement is once i chnaged status for closed ticket i want to update on any status

Trusted Contributor
hpsmsupport
Message 11 of 13 (400 Views)

Hi Basavaraj,

Let me understand further on your requirement, if you are allowed to update close tickets( Status will stay as closed), would that solve your requirements 

or

you want to reopen the Incident and then update.

Regards,

Madhan

Advisor
Basavaraj_Dani
Message 12 of 13 (396 Views)

HI Madhan,

My requirement is i am reopening the closed ticket and changing status Open to Resolved when ticket is come to Resolved status on that time form is showing IM.close.incident its not showing the IM.update.inciodent,so i am unable to update anyfieds because form is in IM.close.incdent it should be in the IM.update.incident

Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 13 of 13 (370 Views)

Hi,

It is how SM is defined and as per process and logic.
When you close/resolve any incident, you are not supposed to update any field in these states.

hth,