Re: Importing data into Knowledge Management (209 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Tpick
Message 1 of 6 (315 Views)

Importing data into Knowledge Management

I'm working with the KMImport utility in SM 7.01 to import our existing KB using XML files (as documented in the KM Migration Guide). I can import the data fine, but am having trouble with how attachments are imported.

The documentation says to put them in an "attachments" folder which I've done and they were imported according to the log...the part I cannot figure out is how they are related back to a specific KB document. Has anyone successfully imported docs and attachments and have them related properly (via a link in the article or other means)?
Thanks for any help or ideas.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Tpick
Message 2 of 6 (315 Views)

Re: Importing data into Knowledge Management

Found solution to my own problem...the syntax in the HP documentation is slightly off, the attachments are related to the doc by using a LegacyID as part of the filename of the attachment, then referring to it in the kb article with a specific syntax. This was done on a Windows system.

For example, the attachment is called "1108922_test.pdf" where 1108922 is the unique legacyid. The xml file which has the article data in it would have a line in the section like this:
PDF Attachment.

You don't use the filename, just the legacyid.
Note the HP doc shows a slash before "answers" but that's incorrect and won't work. The result is a link in the article which will display the attachment when clicked.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sakshi_1
Message 3 of 6 (315 Views)

Hi
I am working on HP service manager 7.02 version ,Knowledge Management module.

After publishing the document when the end user or any user go through the document he is not able to see the attachment.

Can you guide me for the same issue.
Thanks
sakshi
Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
ashwin_shenoy
Message 4 of 6 (215 Views)

Hi Sakshi,

Did you manage to fix this issue. I am currently facing the exact same problem and I would be very grateful if you could provide me the solution.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dwalk
Message 5 of 6 (209 Views)

Does anyone know how to import raw documents (*.pdf, *.doc or *.txt) into Knowledge Management Module (Search Engine 1.00) within SM 9.30 and make them follow the document triage?

Please advise.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
K K V
Message 6 of 6 (32 Views)

Hi,

Can we get the XML format file for uploading the various document types in HP SM 9.32? I didnt find any sample.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation