Re: IM_reopen Notification Definition (324 Views)
Frequent Advisor
tony kelman-smith
Message 1 of 7 (384 Views)
Accepted Solution

IM_reopen Notification Definition

Hi Experts,

Does anyone know where a notification message might be coming from when re-opening an IM ?

The obvious place is the IM Reopen Notification Definition but i've tried adding a new message to this and I've tried changing the existing messages but I stil get the same OOB message whenever I re-open an IM

I want to put addition info in the message but no matter what I put in the message record I only get

Incident %S has been reopened by %S

I've added the additional info into the condition, and checked that the variables are in the order I want to see them on the message string.

When I expand the line in Notification Definition I see the message format that I want to get, perfectly.

I've logged out of HPSM and logged back in. I've logged out and logged in as a different operator.

But the only thing that comes out (looking at this via eventout)   is  Incident nnn has been reopened by agentX

Any clues as to where this message might be coming from?

Thanks

Tony

Honored Contributor
Jacob Heubner
Message 2 of 7 (354 Views)

Re: IM_reopen Notification Definition

After modifying your message in the notification definition record, use System Status to kill the problem process (and any other notification process you've got).  Then, either let anubis restart them, or restart them manually.

Alternatively, restart the entire SM Application on the server (not just your client connection).

See if that resolves the issue.

Frequent Advisor
tony kelman-smith
Message 3 of 7 (344 Views)

Thanks Jacob.
We restarted SM entirely but I still get the original message, not the revised one.

Any other thoughts
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 4 of 7 (335 Views)

Did you tried to altered your message number also?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Kudos-what-where-how-and-why/m-p/5677925#U5677925
Frequent Advisor
tony kelman-smith
Message 5 of 7 (324 Views)

Yes. Used different (new) number for new message but still the same.

What is interesting is that there are a stack of other messages, conditions and arguments above the one I want to be used, one of which is the default message so at least I've found out where it's coming from, but now I need to work out why my message isn't being reached.
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 6 of 7 (315 Views)

Post your notifications both subject and message tab with conditions displaying.
It is possible this notification is not calling.

hth,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Kudos-what-where-how-and-why/m-p/5677925#U5677925
Frequent Advisor
tony kelman-smith
Message 7 of 7 (298 Views)

I'll answer my own post...

Eventually got this to work by trial and effort.

1. Created a totally new message and number

2. Created an argument string  in the IM Reopen notification definition

{str(tod()), number in $L.file, assignee.name in $L.file, nullsub(closed.by in $L.file, " Failed Lookup "), nullsub(operator(), "NULL")}

3. Created a condition for the notification

category in $L.file="incident"

4. Set the notification to email the assignment group

assignment in $L.file

and then it worked.

No idea why this worked, and changing the original message Subject text didn't, but the result is what we wanted so thanks for all the suggestions and pointers.

Regards,

Tony

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.