Hp Service Manager (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread) (360 Views)
Frequent Advisor
mukesh1985
Message 1 of 2 (360 Views)

Hp Service Manager (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread)

[ Edited ]

Hi Experts,

In production I’m getting an Java error (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread) due that my production got down yesterday. All required details are attaching below.

Total physical memory. 8GB

Application Insttaled drive: D

Virtual memory screen shot attached.

SM.ini file details attached.

So pls suggest on this.

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP Service Desk Support and News Forum to HP Service Manager / Service Center Support and News Forum - HP Forums Moderator

Regards,
Mukesh
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DimitarPeychev
Message 2 of 2 (323 Views)

Re: Hp Service Manager (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

The errors from your log file 'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread' Is caused by a memory leak

Workaround / Fix

The leak will equal the size of the strings specified on the parameters(ldapbindpass and ldapbinddn in the sc.ini/sm.ini file).
A process (PID) contains native memory, shared memory, jvm memory etc.,

The max a 32 bit process can address is 4 gig, which 2 gig is taken up by the OS. By allocating more shared memory it will take away from native memory, It is recommended to lower shared memory. And this may lead the server to be low on memory.

You can check it also here:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1209407

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards

Dimitar

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolved your issue, please be sure
to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please also give kudo if you find it interesting :)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation