Re: How to complete track all activity of specific user by using .log in Service Manager ? (539 Views)
Advisor
ubnormal
Message 1 of 7 (640 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to complete track all activity of specific user by using .log in Service Manager ?

[ Edited ]

Hello Experts !

When i start exploring my Service Manager, i found much changes during my work that could did by the other user, is necessary to understand how to keep track of all activity of the specific user in the system using a log file.

You can ask questions for undestand issue more clearly.

Hope for your help!

Than you all !

Honored Contributor
DimitarPeychev
Message 2 of 7 (619 Views)

Re: How to complete track all activity of specific user by using .log in Service Manager ?

Hi,

Normaly the Inactive timer can be useful to check activity of the users.

More information you can find here:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM906433

Best regards

Dimitar

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolved your issue, please be sure
to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please also give kudo if you find it interesting :)
Advisor
ubnormal
Message 3 of 7 (616 Views)

Re: How to complete track all activity of specific user by using .log in Service Manager ?

[ Edited ]

Dimitar Thank you,

But inactive timer is not that thing what i want to find.

I need track all activity of sign in system user, ex: see what now he do, what module use, what object try to modify, what changes maded and where are they maded. For simple - i want to know all about user, who now logged into system and i want to write his activity history in log file.

Than you !

Honored Contributor
DimitarPeychev
Message 4 of 7 (610 Views)

Hi again,

ok I understand now. Hm... not all the information you want but part of it you can find in the syslog file of SM.

You can check here:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00465510

Best regards

Dimitar

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolved your issue, please be sure
to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please also give kudo if you find it interesting :)
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 5 of 7 (578 Views)

[ Edited ]

There is no OOB capablity to track all actions of an individual user in a log, nor is it designed to. The system tracks updates against transactional records related to ITSM process. 

You could conceivably pull all of the record activity records (stored in different tables for interactions, incidents, problems, changes, etc.) and then report against all activities logged by an operator. You could potentially define a function that would allow you to retrieve all activity records for a single operator in a search against a join of all activity tables, potentially allowing a restriction by date range or activity type. It would be fairly advanced tailoring. 

Within any table, you can enable field auditing to track changes to any field which includes the operator who made the modification. You could then extract the auditlog records and report on all audit items by operator. That may be the OOB utility that best aligns with your requirement. If you configure extensive field auditing,  you may need to increase shared memory allocation and available storage. 

However, to generate a log for each user and capture all activity would require completely custom development and would incur high processing impact at all record saves. You would also need to manage the storage and inteface to access those logs, etc. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 6 of 7 (553 Views)

As John suggested there is no oob way to do so.
Also it has been asked multiple times on forum but there is no such utility exists and to customize, it required lots of effort and expertise of system.

hth,
Message 7 of 7 (539 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you John, thank you Piku

I'm glad to hear yours advice for this issue - i hope that information from this post will be helpful for other users.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.