Re: HPSM Ticket Link does not direct to the ticket itself (408 Views)
Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 1 of 10 (524 Views)

HPSM Ticket Link does not direct to the ticket itself

Hello,

when ess users access the ticket link attached to the notification mail, it does not direct them to the ticket itself, instead it just open the ess front page. Although the link  provided included the ticket number as following:

http://occsm.hodomain.local/sm9/ess.do?ctx=docEngine&file=probsummary&query=number%3D%22IM113159%22&...

and when I tried to access it the following error showed up:

Capture.PNG

I have no idea where such error comes from, as I am not using this field anywhere.

any idea what might be going wrong?

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Mariam

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
lisajo
Message 2 of 10 (492 Views)

Re: HPSM Ticket Link does not direct to the ticket itself

Hi Mariam

I was doing some research on this error and found discurrion that might help

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/SM7-ESS-and-stored-query-for-probsummary/td-...

Thank you

LIsa

"HP Support
If you find that this post or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 3 of 10 (463 Views)

Hi LIsa,

thanks for your help,

actually I have checked the case you have provided me, but could not relate that to mine.

My case is that users are getting such error when they access the link attached to their tickets update notification, which by the way are sent on incident update, not interaction update.

I am guessing this could be the cause of the error, but is there any way by which I could solve this?

thanks a lot,

Regards,

Mariam

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 4 of 10 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]

Incidents cannot be accessed via ESS links and no one can update an incident via ESS.

An ESS user can only open and/or update interactions. While there is an option to view a related record, it is not possible for a user logged in via ESS to update related changes, incidents, or requests. Any user who needs to update those records is required to log in using the full client (and will consume a license to do so).

If the emails are being sent to technical teams, they should include the full client (index.do) URL. This allows the technical user to directly access and update the incident. Attempting to modify the ESS client controls so that a user could update incidents would violate the license agreement.

The linked topic above describes a similar case where the use of the ESS client would be prohibited by system controls and license restrictions. A user logged into the ESS client is authorized to only view/update  interactions where they are the callback contact or service recipient (the error message you're seeing is caused by that filter), approve records from other modules, and can only view records related to the interactions to which they have access. Any access outside of those limits requires the use of the index.do client.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 5 of 10 (428 Views)

Hi John,

thanks for that, but the thing is that I dont want ESS users to update tickets, I just want them to view their tickets through accessing the link sent in the notification mail $L.ess.link.

However I am sending this notification mail on Incident update, not on interaction update, so that ess users can see the incident solution provided, and while they try to open the link they get such error and the link does not direct them to the ticket itself instead to the ESS SM front page. So they get lost.

any idea why this error shows up, considering that I am not using this field anywhere.

that was my question,

thanks,

Regards,

Mariam

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 6 of 10 (424 Views)

[ Edited ]
At incident closure, the resolution from the incident is copied to the related Interactions and will, therefore, be displayed for the user. The customer notification should be generated from the interaction when it is closed by the linker process.

Alternatively, you could update your incident notification format to include the closure information, removing the need for a link.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 7 of 10 (421 Views)

Actually the resolution is not being copied from incidents to interactions, so when I send notification mail on interaction closure including the resolution field, it goes blank in the mail because the resolution is only there in the incident reord.

something else, links are needed in here because of attachments, sometimes the second line send their solution to the ess users in terms of attachments to check.

Regards,

Mariam

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 8 of 10 (417 Views)

Open a ticket with support.
--the out of box systems copy incident resolution to the interaction. If it is not happening, a tailoring change likely interfered with the functionality.
--the recommended method to provide an attachment for an ESS user would be to attach it to the customer-facing record(the interaction), but it is also possible to display the attachments from incidents related to the interaction in the Interaction form. (Search for existing topics which provide step-by-step instructions: they are for displaying the interaction attachments in the incidents, but you can use it as a model to do the opposite).
--the query restriction is applied by RAD to enforce ESS access restrictions. I know of no way to remove it.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 9 of 10 (408 Views)

[ Edited ]
Here's the support article about displaying related record attachments. You could use this as a model to display the incident attachments on the ESS interaction form.
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00465503
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 10 of 10 (387 Views)

thanks so much, I will check that

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation