Re: HP service Manager SSL Certificate Generation (707 Views)
Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 1 of 12 (907 Views)

HP service Manager SSL Certificate Generation

Hello,

I am having an issue concerning SSL certificate generation.

users get this error when they access the web tier: "Authentication failed, contact your system administrator", on checking the web log file I found that there is something wrong with the SSL certificate.

I managed to get HP document for generating the certificate and I went trough it applying all the mentioned steps and have done all the required configuration from the Service Manager server and web tier files,

but still could not get it working.

I have no idea what might be going wrong?

would appreciate any help.

thanks a lot.

Regards,

Mariam

HP Expert
NgocNgo
Message 2 of 12 (866 Views)

Re: HP service Manager SSL Certificate Generation

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Please check this KM if it has the same issue with yours: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1363312

If not, please provide the sm.log file to investigate further?

Thank you and Best regards,

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Also, please assign a Kudo to the post if you find it is helpful
Frequent Advisor
abhin88
Message 3 of 12 (855 Views)

Hello mariam

Are you using third party cert or self signed ones ? Can attach the log files here ?

AB
Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 4 of 12 (836 Views)

Hello NgocNgo,

I am sorry but I am not able to view the link you have sent me, could you please send me a pdf copy?

thanks a lot.

Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 5 of 12 (835 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am using a self signed certificate and I have created it using HP guide and everything was successfully done till I have imported the certificates into the specified directories and I have done all the other required configuration and then nothing worked.

I am attaching the log files along with .ini and .cfg files because I think there might be something wrong with the ports used or something.

thanks 

HP Expert
NgocNgo
Message 6 of 12 (828 Views)

Hi Mariam,

Please find the detail of the KM here:

Knowledge document information

Title: SM 9.30: Web users dropped with "Authentication failed. Contact your system administrator for assistance" error. Document ID: KM1363312

Product: service manager Version: 9.30 Updated: 2012-Dec-11

Summary: Periodically through the day, end users are dropped out of the webtier client with "Authentication failed. Contact your system administrator for assistance" error. Dev is working on this issue under: QCCR1E74648 Problem  

Authentication failed. Contact your system administrator for assistance

Cause   Root Cause is still being research. 

However, this seems to be caused by the addition of the Light Weight Single Sign On (LWSSO) integration.  The logs show LWSSO cookie timeout issues.

Fix  

QCCR1E74648

Thank you and Best regards,

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Also, please assign a Kudo to the post if you find it is helpful
Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 7 of 12 (827 Views)

Seems that I am not able to attach the files,

if it suits you I may send them through mail.

Regards,

Mariam

Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 8 of 12 (826 Views)

Thank you so much,

I will check that and feed you back if I reach something.

Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 9 of 12 (797 Views)

Hello,

I have done it successfully on the test environment, when I tried to do same thing on production the windows client worked but the web client did not. So this indicates that there is nothing wrong with the certificate itself instead in the web tier configuration.

Although I have done all the required configuration as HP document recommends, I got Invalid username or password error message pops up when I try to log in the web tier, plus it is not supposed to display the username/password page.

the web log sates the following error:

INFO main com.hp.ov.sm.client.webtier.SCLogging - Jun 20, 2014 21:51:01 EET [INFO] Instantiating Web Controller Servlet...
INFO TP-Processor3 com.hp.ov.cwc.web.bean.FrameworkBean - Missing resource: licenseLogos
INFO TP-Processor3 com.hp.ov.cwc.web.bean.FrameworkBean - Missing resource: licenseLogos
INFO TP-Processor3 com.hp.sw.bto.ast.security.lwsso.utils.StringEncrypter - StringEncrypter [ isUseEncryption = false] : One or any of configuration files is not provided ...
INFO TP-Processor3 com.hp.sw.bto.ast.security.lwsso.conf.LWSSOConfigurationManager - Building of configuration completed in 636 milliseconds.
INFO TP-Processor3 com.hp.ov.sm.client.webtier.SCLogging - Jun 20, 2014 21:51:17 EET [INFO] Setting ssl.enforced because the server requires SSL
INFO TP-Processor3 com.hp.ov.sm.client.webtier.SCLogging - Jun 20, 2014 21:51:17 EET [INFO] Activating SSL in the WebClient
INFO TP-Processor3 com.hp.ov.sm.client.webtier.SCLogging - Jun 20, 2014 21:51:18 EET [INFO] SOAP connection disconnected from server at https://OCCSM.hodomain.local:13085/SM/ui

it is trying to access through https port only, is there a way by which I force it to only use http? because this is exactly what I did on test and it worked

thank,

Regards,

Mariam

Frequent Advisor
abhin88
Message 10 of 12 (773 Views)

Hello Mariam

Try placing the certs in tomcat 7.0 folder and edit the path accordingly in server.xml. It might work

Abhi
Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 11 of 12 (748 Views)

Hello Abhi,

I tried that too, no luck.

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 12 of 12 (707 Views)

>I am not able to attach the files,

You can attach the files if you zip them up.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.