Re: HP Service Manager - copy attachments from tasks related to change (174 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Simonet
Message 1 of 5 (223 Views)

HP Service Manager - copy attachments from tasks related to change

Hello experts,
I need to know if it is possible, on the platform HP Service Manager version 9.30, associated with a change the same attachments of its related tasks.

I checked on the forum if there are solutions, but no topic was quite accurate for me on how to implement this part.

Can you help me?
Thanks in advance to all
Simonetta

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 2 of 5 (207 Views)

Re: HP Service Manager - copy attachments from tasks related to change

It probably is not a good idea to duplicate/copy the attachments. The post below outlines how to display the attachments from related interactions in an incident, you could do something similar.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Service-Manager-Support-Customer/SM-Tip-SD-attachments-not-auto-moving-...

--If you want a task to show all parent change attachments, you'd replace the screlationship part of the JavaScript with a simple query against SYSATTACHMENTS for the parent.change.

--If you want a parent change to show all attachments in the child tasks, you could query for all tasks with the parent.change number equal to the change number. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Simonet
Message 3 of 5 (202 Views)

Hello John,
thanks for your reply.
I've already done the integration and interaction between incidents, following this documentation that I am attaching.

Rename in .html

My client now wants the same type of activity, but to change / tasks.
I try to offer your suggestions as an alternative, but I doubt agree.
But I'm with you it is risky due to errors and duplicate records of this type.

I was trying to find a solution by following this topic:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/copy-attachments-to-related-objects-in-SM7/m...

Do you think it might be a good way?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 4 of 5 (192 Views)

[ Edited ]

I don't recommend copying attachments becuase you have to store all of them--it ends up needlessly duplicating the same records. The other problem is that synchronization isn't availble: if someone adds an attachment to a task, then updates it later, the related change will have the original version. (An attempt to re-copy will likey result in duplicate key errors). 

The only exception I normally make is that many of my customers ask that the first interaction attachment (from the interaction which is escalated to create an incident) be moved to the incident, and we often do that (note: move, not copy).

Creating the read-only view of attachments to show the attachments from the related record is more efficient and doesn't store duplicates. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Simonet
Message 5 of 5 (174 Views)

Thanks John , also I like most about the creation of the read-only view . There are fewer problems and reserves the accuracy of the data . I try to take this route and propose it to my client .
Do you have any indication to implement this ?
Thanks in advance
Simonetta

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation