Re: HP SM index.do Left Menu Customizing (820 Views)
Advisor
Unatcospy
Message 1 of 13 (859 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP SM index.do Left Menu Customizing

Hello experts. I'm new to SM and have some questions about the program. First i want to customize the left menu navigation bar in index.do page like delete some topics exist in the menu. Also want to customize the ess.do menu as deleting the topics and add some new topics maybe. Thaks for your help already.  

Advisor
Venkatasastry N
Message 2 of 13 (851 Views)

Re: HP SM index.do Left Menu Customizing

You have to modify menus for ESS, go to Menus search Name starts with "ESS". Will find 4 menus we have to modify the groups and coditions to update the menus.

Regards,

Sastry

Advisor
Unatcospy
Message 3 of 13 (844 Views)

Hello. First of all thanks for your fast reply. i found 4 ess menus the way you said and i can customize some of them from these menus. But i found a difference between 2 menus there between ESSSM and ESSSM_Approval. Can you explain the difference between these 2 menus. Also i want to ask if we can't modify the index.do navigation bar? I mean i want to delete change management tab from the left menu or rename it in index.do page for example. Is it possible to do this? And one more question; i want to rename the "queue" area elements in "To Do" in index.do page. How can it be done. Sorry for asking that much questions and thanks again for your answers already.

Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 4 of 13 (820 Views)

Hello,

Administration menu is HOME and SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION.

Queue element naming are set in Object definition (it is in Tailoring->Document Engine) there is option for changing the message which save the Object name.

Advisor
Jakub Offierski
Message 5 of 13 (813 Views)

ESSSM_Approval is meant for users that only go into the system to approve of, for example, a change. It's best to consider looking at both to see what options should be disabled using conditions.

To remove Change Management from the tree, you need to modify the condition for it in the HOME menu, as Vadim above stated. Simplest way is to either restrict the visibility to Sysadmins (condition: index("SysAdmin", $lo.ucapex)>0) or simply set it to false.

Advisor
Unatcospy
Message 6 of 13 (808 Views)

Hello thanks for replys. I can change the names as you explained here. I tried to change the Change Management condition to "false" but nothing happened. I mean when i logout and login again i still can see the change management tab in the left menu. Can you explain this a little please. Thank for your reply already.

Advisor
Jakub Offierski
Message 7 of 13 (799 Views)

Either you didn't go high enough in the tree structure, you are given a different menu than you're editing or you will have to remove the entry from the menu record entirely.

If you can, post a screenshot of the menu record you're editing.

Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 8 of 13 (787 Views)

You must find the right menu. You might have disabled it in the wrong one. There are several menus which look like much teh same.

Which menu you have set in your operator record?

Advisor
Unatcospy
Message 9 of 13 (776 Views)

Im attaching a screenshot now about what i did to delete the Change Management tab from the left menu navigation in index.do page. Also want to ask one more question. How may i rename or delete the "view" elements in index.do page? is it from "objects" or someother place? Thanks for your replys already.

Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 10 of 13 (768 Views)

If you are modifying the correct menu then it should have been removed from your menu.

Under view elements suppose you mean the data which is stored in inbox table. Open db , search for the inbox table and in the name field type the one which you want to remove. You can delete it or just make visible for some definite role.

Advisor
Unatcospy
Message 11 of 13 (764 Views)

Thanks Vadim I solved that problem. Now I'm sending a new screenshot about what i want to delete or rename exactly from where in index.do. Thanks for your helps already.

Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 12 of 13 (754 Views)

This is done from menu record. It is the meaning in second (or third Column)  just set false  in the condition or remove the line with it from menu record.

If you decide to remove it i will suggest first to make a backup of menu by adding it with some different name.

Advisor
Unatcospy
Message 13 of 13 (739 Views)

Thanks for your help experts:)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.