12-18-2013 01:05 AM
We spend last two weeks installing HP SM 9.32 and SRC product at our shop, we started to do basic tailoring and branding for our Service Catalog. We configured two SRC webservers (Webcat01 and Webcat02) but noticed that once we started one the other did not start, we proceeded to change connection users and ports and did not work either.
Now we are at the point that none of the two get started, SRC Servers log just stop issuing messages (we activate debug) and gets hanged up. Please find attached the logs for Webserver and the cfg and ini files.
We'll greatly appreciate any help in this regard since this products at first seems a very complex one to tweak and there is very little documentation for the 9.32 version.
12-18-2013 02:15 AM
If you really have spend two weeks so far trying to implement the system, my advice is: hire a capable consultant to help you with the ramp-up phase. It will be eventually cheaper.
Relying on forum support is not a good way to get a good start, especially if you don't have a prior knowledge of Service Manager and Service Request Catalog.
12-18-2013 03:43 AM - edited 12-18-2013 04:09 AM
Yes we hired to do this a local consultant and still struggling with this issus ... now any tips on how to resove this issue ? Shoud we scalate it to HP incident management ?
12-19-2013 10:43 PM
Okay, maybe I'm able to find something...
For SRC server webcat01 you have defined the SRC to connect the port 13083 and SRC server webcat02 to 13085.
When I look the sm.cfg file, the port 13083 is not a debug node. Neiher is 13085. If I understood the sm.cfg configuration file correctly, you use load balancer (port 13080) which balances the traffic to nodes 13081, 13083 and 13085.
The problem with your configuration: SRC _can not_ connect to a load balancer node. It needs a "fixed node" which can be achieved by using a debugnode parameter (for example in sm.cfg file). I can't emphasise this enough!
You have already in a sm.cfg set up a debugnode (13087), so basically you should change the SRC configuration in files: applicationContext.properties_webcat01 -> sm.port=13087
applicationContext.properties_webcat02 -> sm.port=13087
(I'm not 100% sure if two servers can use a same SRC debug port, but give it a try. If it doesn't work, create another debugnode as a port 13088 and change another SRC Server to use that port to connect Service Manager.)
Try this first.