HP SM Incidents Saving takes too much time (305 Views)
Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 1 of 5 (305 Views)

HP SM Incidents Saving takes too much time

Hello,

we have an issue regarding the incident management modules, incidents take too much time to be saved. it might take up to 50 seconds on save or save $ exit and sometimes it times out.

have done some indexing on the database level, but still have this issue.

any one experiencing the same issue, would appreciate your help.

thanks,

Regards,

Mariam 

Frequent Advisor
hardit
Message 2 of 5 (286 Views)

Re: HP SM Incidents Saving takes too much time

Hi,

There might a script written which is taking alot of time to execute.

You can put print statements in format control of "probsummary", "im.update.incident".

You may also check the triggers which are associated with "probsummary" table.

Cheers,
Hardit Singh
HP Expert
QiQingSong
Message 3 of 5 (252 Views)

Add more indexes on database will reduce the performance of “Save” operations. It is better to find out the bottle-neck before made changes to them.

Please research the SM log with level "rtm:3",  and you might find which script/table is slow.

Regards,

HP Expert
Tong Yan
Message 4 of 5 (243 Views)

Hi Mariam,

Many reasons may result in this problem, like, ir corrupt, calculate outage record, a specific script, a specific table...

Suggest to get a debug of "RTM:3" "debugdbquery:999". We may need to get more detailed debug after this one is reviewed.

Cheers :)
Yan Tong (Serene), HP Software Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution; and give kudo if you like it :)
Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 5 of 5 (201 Views)

Hello,

thank you all for your suggestions.

I have been facing such performance issue for some time now, I first started by adding indexes on some fields in the database, but that did not help a lot specially when it comes to the "Saving".

as being recommened by HP Support engineer, I have removed the field "update.action" from the probsummary IR Keys, that really helped and reduced the consumed time significantly.

what also helped is that I archieved and purged a big deal of the records.

Regards,

Mariam

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.