Re: HP SM Escalation process low performance (541 Views)
Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 1 of 8 (585 Views)

HP SM Escalation process low performance

Hello,

I have a problem in the escalation problem, it happens any time of the day that whenever a user hit the Escalate button it keeps loading for some minutes and then session times out.

this longs for almost two hours a day which causes lots of troubles.

do you have any idea why this could be happening, what might be making the process hang for some time?

Thanks,

Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 2 of 8 (559 Views)

Re: HP SM Escalation process low performance

Hello,

Enable debugging and emulate the escalation action. It can be caused by bad tailorign in different parts of logic (including Fc, displat options, Process ...).

Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 3 of 8 (557 Views)

Thanks a lot,

could you please elaborate on how to do that?
Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 4 of 8 (553 Views)

Hello Mariam,

Try this parameters in sm.ini

RTM:3

debugdbquery:999

sqldebug:1

And full information must be available in Help.

sm.ini parameters:

RTM:3 ---> This parameter records the RAD work-flow (more useful when performing an Insert/Update/Delete)

debugdbquery:999 ---> This parameter records the SM query syntax and results (number of records, amount of time, etc)

debughttp:1 ---> This parameter records the SOAP Requests sent into Service Manager

Esteemed Contributor
Kelalek2
Message 5 of 8 (541 Views)

In our case the SD to IM escalation was bugged down by the wrong usage of IR processing. At first, IR indexing was set up to index every opened ticket in realtime. This isn't really needed, asyncronous method is notable faster from the user perspective. IM ticket escalation from pushing "Finish" in wizard to have an opened ticket was 7-10 secs faster with asyncronous than syncronous indexing.

Check if your SM.ini and SM.cfg contain following lines:

SM.ini

ir_asynchronous:1

SM.cfg

sm -que:ir

If those parameteres have different values, I'd be interested to see which values your system has?

Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 6 of 8 (524 Views)

Hello,

there is no such parameter neither in sm.ini nor in sm.cfg file.
Regular Advisor
MariamElkomos
Message 7 of 8 (522 Views)

Hello Vadim,

I got what you mean "the debugging servlet" and I have done that, actually could not get any data out of it.
Esteemed Contributor
Kelalek2
Message 8 of 8 (509 Views)

My recommendation is that check the Service Manager help section to find out more info about IR indexing. And when you've reached an idea what the indexing is, then use those parameters I mentioned in my previous post.

I strongly recommend using asyncronous indexing, syncronous (realtime) indexing is rarely needed. Trust me, the way the indexing is set up, makes a huge difference in performance.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.