Re: Getting the manager login name from the AD through connect (145 Views)
Regular Advisor
A.Sol
Message 1 of 5 (176 Views)

Getting the manager login name from the AD through connectit

Dear Experts,

In environment with AD integration with SM.

Connect it mapping configured to get the manager field as a full name, we need to translate that to be the manager login name instead.

The issue is we need to use the manager field for the purpose of approval, but approvals gets only the operator name which is the login name, in our case we have the manager field as the full name.

Any way we can get the full name translated to its login name from the connect it ?

we don't need to do it from the SM side, we need it to be done from the connect it side, how this could be possible?

Thanks and Regards,

Ahmed Soliman

Thank and Regards,

A.Sol

Please use plain text.
INTA-set
Message 2 of 5 (151 Views)

Re: Getting the manager login name from the AD through connect

Dear A.Sol,

Try to use LDAP sAMAccountName mapped from Object category user, this worked for us by  using createoperator in Connect-it.

Regards,

Leo

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
A.Sol
Message 3 of 5 (145 Views)

The problem is the manager field we got from the AD is in the form like CN=full manager name,DC=domainx,DC=domain
with some manipulation we managed to have it the full name only.
yet this is not the needed we need to have this full name of the manager parsed to be its login name[samaccountname].

how we can do that from the connect it side.

let me know if it is not clear.

Thanks for the help on that topic.

Kind Regards,
A.Sol
Please use plain text.
Advisor
AChandler
Message 4 of 5 (104 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have done something similar before (though I handled it in SM rather than CIT).

A: What is the full value that CIT is grabbing from LDAP? Is the manager's login part of the string?

B: Do you want to keep the manager's full name in SM as well? Or do you only care about getting the manager login?

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
JosieJosie02
Message 5 of 5 (44 Views)

This will get you the managers contact.name for the AD managers name field.

RetVal=UCase((RightPart(LeftPart((Replace([manager],"\","")),",OU=",0,"CN=",0)))

Would you happen to know how I can lookup the samaccount name from this?

my contact.name is a concatination of the contact name + samaccountname.  this means my managers field needs to contain the same format.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation