Re: Error while updating ticket . (378 Views)
Respected Contributor
Praveen_V
Message 1 of 9 (452 Views)

Error while updating ticket .

Hi Experts ..,

I recieving an error while updating few tickets but not all the tickets.

Indexing into a STRING2 type datum which is not a compound data type (apm.save.problem,start).

Also i see for these tickets when i searched and include Application in modify column i can see menu.manager , please can you let me know how come menu.manager is called for these tickets/

Also i can see in log

3196(  5964) 11/14/2013 20:19:25  RTE W @ Received type@ 2 @  Expected type@  9 @ File@ problem @ Field@ parts @  Record ID@ header,number="IMxxxxx" and header,page=14 @  Field Value@ 11/14/2013 19:58:26 (falcon): 
  3196(  5964) 11/14/2013 20:19:25  RTE W @ Received type@ 2 @  Expected type@  9 @ File@ problem @ Field@ parts @  Record ID@ header,number="IMxxxxx" and header,page=14 @  Field Value@ WAITING USER TO CLEARIFY 
  3196(  5964) 11/14/2013 20:19:25  RTE W @ Received type@ 2 @  Expected type@  9 @ File@ problem @ Field@ parts @  Record ID@ header,number="IMxxxxx" and header,page=14 @  Field Value@ 11/14/2013 19:58:16 (falcon): 
  3196(  5964) 11/14/2013 20:19:25  RTE W @ Received type@ 2 @  Expected type@  9 @ File@ problem @ Field@ parts @  Record ID@ header,number="IMxxxxx" and header,page=14 @  Field Value@ WAITING USER TO CLEARIFY

--
Say " Cheers! " by clicking Kudos Star on the left .
HP Expert
lisajo
Message 2 of 9 (447 Views)

Re: Error while updating ticket .

Hi

Are the ones that are having the issue (error) do those Incidents have attachments associated with them  ?  or is there any other thing that makes them similiar  ?

"HP Support
If you find that this post or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Respected Contributor
Praveen_V
Message 3 of 9 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Lisajo..,

SM version is 7.02

no majority of the tickets have attachment .

Also i see for few tickets there is a field called application name which shows value menu.manager.

I am unable to find similarities .... 

--
HP Expert
lisajo
Message 4 of 9 (419 Views)

Hi

Let me know if this is similiar to your issue

Alerts fail to release parent locks when parent locking is configured for Incident Management DETAILED DESCRIPTION:  When the probsummary object record is configured to use parent locking, alerts fail to release parent locks.  The schedule record of Update IM10001 Affected Services (sm.update.affected.services  RAD workflow) is also affected.  Specifically, the apm.alert RAD application calls se.lock.object to lock the probsummary record.  When parent locking has been configured for Incident Management, the se.lock.object RAD app also generates a lock against the parent record.  On the attemp.lock panel of apm.alert, no variable is used to obtain a reference for the parent locks returned by se.lock.object.  As a result, later during the call to se.unlock.object, no variable is referenced by apm.alert for the parent locks here as well, the se.unlock.object code does not release the parent locks.  The sm.update.affected.services also does not pass in a parent lock variable to calls to se.lock.object and se.unlock.object. STEPS TO REPRODUCE:  Issue is reproducible in SM 7.0x Apps and SM7.10  STRS verified in SM7.0  Configure the object records: 1. System Navigator: Menu Navigation->Tailoring->Document Engine->Objects 2. Enter File Name:incidents 3. Click Search 4. On the Locking tab, Set Lock on display: true 5. Click Save->Ok 6. Change the File name to: probsummary 7. Click Search 8. On the Locking tab, Set: Lock on display:true Lock parent record: true Parent ID Field:incident.id Parent Filename: incidents 9. Click Save->Ok ... 10. Open a new Interaction using a category of "client system" as this has no category alerting set OOB (IIA use "request for information") 11. Select "Create Incident" (IIA use escalate) 12. Save and exit the Incident 13. Check the schedule queue (command line: sch) - There should be a schedule record named "Update IMxxxxx Affected Services" 14. Wait until the schedule record named "Update IMxxxxx Affected Services" processes 15. Access the status display (command line:status) 16. Select "Show Locks" ***** RESULT: The Interaction locks were not released. **** Schedule record created for alerts such as DEADLINE alerts also encounter this issue. Affected apps: apm.alert and sm.update.affected.services 17. Issue with apm.alert can be reproduced in a non IIA system following the steps above using a category of business applications. Requested By:  Development Language:  all Scope:  4.0

"HP Support
If you find that this post or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Respected Contributor
Praveen_V
Message 5 of 9 (411 Views)

Hi

The tickets are not getting stuck , yes they will be in system locks while updating but once i log out & LOGIN again they will not be there in system locks ...

--
Honored Contributor
Jacob Heubner
Message 6 of 9 (378 Views)

Ok, from the looks of it, the issue is with the 'parts' structured array field.

My guess is that on your format, instead of putting the parts and labor field into an array of structures, you've just exposed them as regular text (hence the 'recieved type 2, expected type 9' errors).

Can you give a screenshot of your form at the spot where you have the parts field?

Respected Contributor
Praveen_V
Message 7 of 9 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]

HI Jacob..,

Yes i think its a text field in the form .........

Please tel me how can i overcome this

--
Respected Contributor
Praveen_V
Message 8 of 9 (340 Views)

Hi Jacob..,

Kindly do let me know what can be done here .

Regards

Praveen

--
Honored Contributor
Jacob Heubner
Message 9 of 9 (335 Views)

Your screenshot shows me the Pending Reason section of the form... Do you have the Parts and/or Labor field exposed as well?

If that _is_ the field you're exposing in the Pending Reason and Pending Reason Details, then that's your problem.  You're trying to treat a field within the structured array as an array field - and it isn't.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.