Email Notification regarding Approval Delegation in Change Management (474 Views)
Frequent Advisor
redorchid008
Message 1 of 6 (474 Views)
Accepted Solution

Email Notification regarding Approval Delegation in Change Management

Hi Experts,

In change management, if one change approver deligates someone else for approving the change on behalf of him/her,

then can it be possible to send an email notification to that particular user so that he/she can approve the change?

Please give your valuable inputs.

Please help.

Regards,

Avi

Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 2 of 6 (468 Views)

Re: Email Notification regarding Approval Delegation in Change Management

You don't mention the version of SM you're on but the notification of Delegates is already in place out of box in most versions. If a change enters an approval phase during the time period a delegate is active, they are copied. 

The Notification Definition will have a condition similar to:

approval.status in $L.file="pending" and jscall("ApprovalDelegationGroups.checkDelegation")

and a recipient of:

$L.delegates

which is generated by the jscall from the condition.

The ChM Change Update notification should have this out of box.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Frequent Advisor
redorchid008
Message 3 of 6 (456 Views)

Thank you so much John for your quick reply.

It actually resolved my issue.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Avi

Frequent Advisor
redorchid008
Message 4 of 6 (436 Views)

Hi Experts,

Expanding my existing thread for an urgent requirement....

Suppose for one change ticket, I have two approvers. The situation is: If sysadmin overrides and approves the change on behalf of them, then One email notification should get triggered to those two approvers that " System Administrator has approved on behalf of you for the change ticket having ID {RECORD.number} ".

Screenshot attached for your referrence. PFA.....

Please give your valuable inputs on the same.

Please help.

Regards,

Avi

Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 5 of 6 (428 Views)

[ Edited ]

OK. At first I considered how to do this from the notification defintion condition, but it's problematic to determine if there is an approval intersect with the current logged in user (sysamdin or change admin) executing the override, especially if that user is ALSO an approver for that record on their own. 

However, there appears to be a straightforward solution:

SNAG_Program-0036.png

When an Approval Record is displayed, the approval.view state controls record interactions. 

• When an override is executed, unique SM processes are called: approval.approve.one, approval.deny.one, etc. 
  • While you could update each override process with a call to US Notify (you could define a custom ChM Approval Override one if you'd like), that would require updating each of the 8 override Process records.
  • It would be easier to instead build a single Override Approval Notification process (that only calls the notification) and add it as a Next Process call from each of the override processes. 
  • The hardest part will be generating the recipient(s) for the notification--the approve one individual or group, or--in the case of approvecurrent or approveall only those groups/operators included in that override action. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Occasional Advisor
SameetPatro
Message 6 of 6 (376 Views)

How to disable "View Baseline" button in workplan portlet under project overview

Hi,

Can any one guide me , in which jsp page , where i can disable the "View Baseline" button in workplan portlet under project overview.

Thanks & Regards,

Sameet Kumar Patro

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.