Re: ESS - Direct link to record (846 Views)
Advisor
Tutino
Message 1 of 8 (909 Views)

ESS - Direct link to record

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone!!               

When a Request, or change, goes into the approval phase,tThe approval request to the users are made by email. In that mail a link is provided to reach the approval page of the ESS. 

http://myserver/sm7/ess.do?ctx=docEngine&file=cm3r&query=header%2Cnumber%3D%22CH00001871%22&action=&title=Cambio%20CH00001871            
When the user make click on this link is redirected to the login page of the ess. Once the user get authenticated the ESS shows the page ocmq.qbe.g, or cm3r.qbe.g, depending if it's a request or a change. This page only list one line with the record. And, when the user click the line, he gets to the detail page.

My question is, it's posible to avoid this qbe page (ocmq.qbe.g or cm3r.qbe.g), and send the user directly to the detail page? In the case that this is posible, how can I do it??

I attached a screenshot of the ocmq.qbe.g

I'm using SM 7.02

Best regards,

Agustin

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 2 of 8 (900 Views)

Re: ESS - Direct link to record

Hello,

That way it is working not only for approval changes, but for Interaction notification and all other records.

I left it the way it is in OOB without thinking how to retailor that, because not everyone needs to read the details of the approved record, some people just click on Accept/ Deny without getting deeper in the topic. So while you are trying to satisy some part of users with driving them directly to detail form you might very disappoint the other part (I can say that sometimes such users are more then persons which are trying to get deeper in the request information) which prefer to approve it fast without reading detailed information.

So maybe there is sense for you too to leave the things as they are, and let the people who are interested in what is the details of approval to click on Detail button?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Tutino
Message 3 of 8 (889 Views)

Hello Vadim,

The thing is that the user recieves an email with the link to approve only one record. As the link only its only for one record, I think this ocmq.qbe.g it's an unnecesary step. This is the reason why I want to get rid of it. But, I didn't find how to change this yet.

Also, for the general purpose I have customized the approval inbox, where the user can approve/deny from the list or within the details.

Best regards,

Agustin

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 4 of 8 (884 Views)

Hello Agustin,

I do understand what you mean about qbe but i dicided to leave it as it is as there is p[opulated only one record and not the whole list.

How did you change approval inbox? Is not it RAD based built?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Tutino
Message 5 of 8 (875 Views)

Hi Vadim!

No, I didn't touch the rad. I'll explain! The rad app set a couple of varibles on memory like $L.ids, $L.names, $L.appr.names (you can find this on the displayscreen of the approval.inbox). So, I set a javascript on the approval.inbox display screen to manipulate this variables and also query the database for more info. On the javascript I set my own variables which I use to show the info on the form.

Let me know if you want a piece of code or more info

Best regards,

Agustin

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 6 of 8 (866 Views)

Hello,

Yes I know that the Rad is writing data to the variables which you mentioned in your post.

The code will be awsome for me and for others as well. Waiting for your solution.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Tutino
Message 7 of 8 (858 Views)

Hi Vadim,       

Here you have the code, I hope it will be useful. If you have any question I will be glad to answer.

And remember, if somebody knows how to change the ESS link to point directly to de record, as I mentioned on my first message of this topic, I will really appreciate.

Best regards,

Agustin

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Pontus_Sjöö
Message 8 of 8 (846 Views)

Agustin Hernan Garcia wrote:And remember, if somebody knows how to change the ESS link to point directly to de record, as I mentioned on my first message of this topic, I will really appreciate.

Although I haven't tried it for requests or changes there is a setting that solves this issue for other modules. The field essNullDisplay field in the corresponding environment settings control this behaviour for Service Desk.

By setting this to false instead of the default true will skip the qbe-list.

However, you might have to edit the form used to display the value in each environment so you can change it. Unless you choose to use the rad-debugger to change the value.

After setting essNullDisplay to false in the chosen environments users have to logout and login again to be affected by the change.

This has been tested on 7.11 and above systems. And then only for ess users linked to interactions. Let me know if it worked for you aswell.

Regards,

Pontus

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation