Re: Display list Condition (295 Views)
Advisor
Kalpana12
Message 1 of 7 (370 Views)

Display list Condition

Dear Experts,

I have a field called Application with a list of nearly 2000 applications. Another field is Subrequest type with values such as A1, B1, C1 etc.

Now coming to the point, i need to have this application field with values a,b,c if subrequestype A1 is selected. For other subrequest types it should contain the default 2000 applications.

I have a clue that we can do this by using display list condition. I tried that as well, but not sure how to give default 2000 values for applications if other subrequest type (other than A1) is selected.

i have given display list condition as below on application field:

[subreqtype]? "A1":"a;b;c".

This works if subreqtype A1 is selected,then application field contains only a, b, c values. If other subrequest types are selected, it shows empty.

Please help me on how to write display condition for this.

Regards,

Kalpana Balasundaram

Valued Contributor
Kvark
Message 2 of 7 (349 Views)

Re: Display list Condition

If you try to use drop down list then I think global list can help you to solve this
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=
In wine wisdom!
In the beer force!
In water, the microbes...
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 3 of 7 (347 Views)

Hi Kalpana,

You are having large list so you must having the mapping for the same in some file (same as category and subcategory are mapped)
You should set the query in display/value list condition like,
select(subreqtype,<file name>,<application field name in file>,[application field])

Or may have hardcode the Gl for the same as mentioned by Kvark.

hth,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Kudos-what-where-how-and-why/m-p/5677925#U5677925
Advisor
Kalpana12
Message 4 of 7 (333 Views)

Hi Piku,

As per your select statement, subreqytype and application fields should be in the same table as fields if i am not wrong.

But in my case its not. I will clearly explain the scenario.

we have subreqtype field which contains list of values such A,B,C,D - i have used global list for this

application is another field which has seperate table for it and contains values for it.

Now what the client needs is, if i select subrequesttype as A, then some applications ex,1,2,3 needs to be populated.

if another subreqtype B is selected, then default 2000 applications have to be listed.

Can you tell me what can be done to achive this?

Thanks and regards,

Kalpana Balasundaram 

Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 5 of 7 (330 Views)

Then you have to use the GL and have to hard code/change the values in it.

hth,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Kudos-what-where-how-and-why/m-p/5677925#U5677925
Occasional Advisor
nitstcs
Message 6 of 7 (315 Views)

Hi Kalpana,

The best option here would be to create a new table with field Subreqtype, Application.

Add records to this table.

For ex : Subreqtype = A1, then Application = App1

Subreqtype = A1, then Application = App2

Subreqtype = A1, then Application = App3

Then on the FD in the value list, you can specify a DVD, to fetch the list of Applications based on the selected Subreqtype.

HTH.

Nithasha.

Advisor
Kalpana12
Message 7 of 7 (295 Views)

Yes nithasha, This is the good and appropriate solution which we can do.

But currently application field has been linked to other table as well which contains huge data. Now i cant create new table for this. Thats the reason i asked for alternative solution to do this.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,

kalpana Balasundaram

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.