Department Information in Email (209 Views)
Valued Contributor
KH_Ng
Message 1 of 5 (209 Views)

Department Information in Email

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to include the contact's department in the email sent upon closure of an incident ticket.

I have tried using link file but I think in 9.32, there is a slight change in the link files (I think i am editting the wrong link file).

Can somebody advice if I have alternative to grab the department information of the contact?

Thanks in Advance.

Valued Contributor
SteveO_1
Message 2 of 5 (169 Views)

Re: Department Information in Email

Can you detail how you are sending the message as there are several different options.

For example are you using a notification, and if so are you using a custom format?

Are you using a macro, and if so with a custom format?

Are you using format control subroutines?

If you can state how you are send the mail and include screenshots of the configuration it may be possible to offer some guidance.

Regards,

SteveO

Respected Contributor
Kelalek2
Message 3 of 5 (158 Views)

If you use HTML email templates, the easiest way is to create a Javascript function which retrieves the department information.

Another way: create a local variable (f.ex. $department) in format control IM.close.incident to which you store the department name. You can use this variable in your email.

Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 4 of 5 (144 Views)

Hi,

If you are capturing dept info in incident table then you can easily send the data in email. Here you have to post info as Steve stated.
If not then you have to use JS or RAD script to fetch and incorporate data in mail.

hth,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Kudos-what-where-how-and-why/m-p/5677925#U5677925
Occasional Advisor
Mingdi
Message 5 of 5 (129 Views)

whereever you are sending a email, you can write down some javascript to get the members of department. and use $L.ret= jscall("file.function", <params>) to get the list, if you are sending the email in some RAD context, like notification.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.