Define assignment group for Change tasks (213 Views)
Trusted Contributor
SanjeevDas
Message 1 of 5 (213 Views)

Define assignment group for Change tasks

[ Edited ]

Hi Experts,

In reference to my earlier post in HPSM Community: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/How-to-Assign-a-task-with-Change-Model-in-Ch...

I am able to assign a change Task to a Change Model based on Change phases. Thanks for the help.

However, in my scenario, I need to define an assignment group to the Change tasks associated with the Change Model. By default the Change task's assignment group field, is taking up the asign.dept value from cm3r. Can anyone please help me on defining different assignment group for a Change tasks.

Thanks,

Sanjeev

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jacob Heubner
Message 2 of 5 (188 Views)

Re: Define assignment group for Change tasks

What did you have in mind?

As you said, based on the link record when opening the Task, the system will use the assign.dept in the Change ticket to determine the assignment group in the Task.

How would you _like_ to have it assigned? Will the assignment group be based on the category of the change or task?  Will it be based on the CI in the change/task?  Will it always be the same group?  What is the goal of the requirement?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
SanjeevDas
Message 3 of 5 (184 Views)

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your response.

The data that we got from our client contains several change models with tasks. And every tasks will have a assignment group.

Each Change Model will have its own task.

For e.g. Change model: Fixes OR Patches, will have a task: Backup Activity, defined in Change Phase: Change Implementation and have an assignment group which may or may not match the coordinator group from change Management form.

Thanks,

Sanjeev

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 4 of 5 (179 Views)

Have you tried defining the assignment group in the task template assigned in task planner?

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
SanjeevDas
Message 5 of 5 (174 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi John,

Thanks, I am able to assign the assignment group using templates. In my scenario, I have more than 100 different tasks, so I need to create 100 plus change templates. Assigning an assignment group using templates is undoubtedly the best way, but more of a manual job. Can you suggest any other process which will have less manual job.

I have a logic in mind, I can create my own table containing changemodel and assignment group column, where changeModel will be linked with id from Changemodel table and assignment group will be linked with name of assignment table. I will save the changeModel and assignment group data, and based on this data I will write a condition in cm3t, so that the assignment group will be assigned to the change task based on the changeModel selected.

Thanks,

Sanjeev

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation