Customization on SRC Client for ServiceManager (592 Views)
Regular Visitor
Dirk_Weinberger
Message 1 of 8 (592 Views)

Customization on SRC Client for ServiceManager

Hi Community,

Currently we got a Requirement from a Partner, that he wants to customize the SRC Client in the following way:

The file that would need changing is ‘Flyaway.properties’ located in resources\client\en folder of SRC installation directory. The text that would need changing would be:

Line 72: flyaway.request.groupInfo.attachments.header.description   = Add one or more attachments to your request. Click Delete (X) to remove the attachment.

Is this a common way to modify the Client?

I couldn't find anything regarding that in the documentation. Also a later upgrade of the client will impact this change.

Thank you very much for your help in advanced.

Respected Contributor
Kelalek2
Message 2 of 8 (568 Views)

Re: Customization on SRC Client for ServiceManager

That would be the way I'd do the modification. It's true that you have to update that file again after upgrade but that's the pain package software produces.

Regular Visitor
Dirk_Weinberger
Message 3 of 8 (562 Views)

Thanks for your comment.

I would like to have a GSD / RnD Statement for this also.

HP Expert
viprom
Message 4 of 8 (559 Views)

Hello Dirk,

The answer of your question depends on the version of SRC you would like to use.

If we are talking about SRC 1.3 the modifications/customization options are very limited. SRC 1.3 is hard coded.

However the new release SRC 1.4 has much more possibilities to be modified/customized.

For more information please take a look at the following document:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00208649

Hope this helps!

-----
If you find this or other posts helpful, please do not forget to click the Kudo Star or to mark it as a Solution if you are the owner of the thread. Thanks :)
Regular Visitor
Dirk_Weinberger
Message 5 of 8 (556 Views)

OK,

we talk about SRC 1.3.

If you look at the above customization, would this be a thing to allow or better to disallow.

As you know, you can do tailoring in a non preferred way on other software, too. But then most time the solution is out of support. So what do you think about these change.

HP Expert
viprom
Message 6 of 8 (553 Views)

Hi Dirk,

After some research in our database, I wouldn't say this is a common way to modify the client, because such modification has never been reported to Support team.

I wouldn't suggest you to do that customization, as it might be non-supported.

-----
If you find this or other posts helpful, please do not forget to click the Kudo Star or to mark it as a Solution if you are the owner of the thread. Thanks :)
Valued Contributor
Eva_HP
Message 7 of 8 (299 Views)

hi Drik,

If user want to modify label in UI, it's only way to modify resource properties file. After SRC 1.40 CP1, we release "Migration tool" with SRC package, which can help user to upgrade SRC to new version. It will auto-merge customization in SRC from previous version to new version. If your SRC is 1.3 version, we can't say we support yet. You can find support path in below image. Hope this is helpful to your question.

L_F6CD.tmp.PNG

Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 8 of 8 (285 Views)

"I would like to have a GSD / RnD Statement for this also."

If you want that, I would suggest that you open a support ticket. I really doubt the forums are the right place to request an HP sign-off on the approach. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.