Re: Connecting HPSM 9.3 with Microsoft Exchange 2010 (729 Views)
Occasional Advisor
TurgemanTal
Message 1 of 5 (808 Views)
Accepted Solution

Connecting HPSM 9.3 with Microsoft Exchange 2010

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone can guide me how to set up the connection between HPSM and Exchange server.

I would like to enable the option to send notification about tickets and to open tickets by sending mails.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tal

HP Expert
Maehara
Message 2 of 5 (783 Views)

Re: Connecting HPSM 9.3 with Microsoft Exchange 2010

Hello,

Since SM 9.3, the user can use 'emailout' parameter for sending email.
The following is a part of help document about 'emailout'.

Startup parameter: emailout

Startup parameters change the behavior of the HP Service Manager server. You can always set a startup parameter from the server's OS command prompt.

Parameter  emailout
Description

Defining this parameter causes the HP Service Manager server to start the SCEmail application and create mail events. The SCEmail application allows you to send Service Manager mail to any mail system that supports Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)

Thank you.

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Occasional Advisor
TurgemanTal
Message 3 of 5 (777 Views)

Hi,

I add the emailout option to the startup option- System Administration->Ongoing Maintenance->System->Startup Information->startup.

But I am still unsure of where do I need to set the exchange server IP address or where do I define the SM send/recieve details.

Thanks,

Tal

HP Expert
Maehara
Message 4 of 5 (747 Views)

Hello,

> I add the emailout option to the startup option- System Administration->
> Ongoing Maintenance->System->Startup Information->startup.
>
> But I am still unsure of where do I need to set the exchange server
> IP address or where do I define the SM send/recieve details.

Can you check to work on the command line the following before the startup option is set?

sm -emailout

Please user parameter smtphost and smtpport if you need to configure smtp host address and port number.
The following is example on Windows the command line.

sm -emailout -smtphost:xx.xxx.xxx.xxx -smtpport:xx

Please the following it before the above command is invoked for test perpose.

System Navigator > ServiceManager Mail >  New message
  > Enter mail address to "TO:", subject to "Subject:" and a message to "Message"
  > Click the 'Email' button

This added message isn't processed before sm.exe with '-emailout' parameter is invoked.
When  'sm -emailout' is invoked, the following thread appears.

User Name: SMTPMail
        Device ID: SCAuto

Check email status by the following step after 'sm -emailout' is invoked.

System Navigator > ServiceManager Mail 

You could find 'Unable to deliver mail' on the mail subject if this mail isn't send.

Thank you.

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Occasional Advisor
TurgemanTal
Message 5 of 5 (729 Views)

Hello,

I appreciate your last post, but I lost you somewhere along the way…

I'll try to ask a few questions, to see if I understand how it should work:

1. I think that there is supposed to be a place where I define all the SMTP server properties (IP, port, and authentication). I thought it would be at the sm.ini or something like that.

2. I think that there is supposed to be a place where I define what will be the sender name and address. Is that true?

3. I think that there is supposed to be a definition somewhere, in order to set what would happen for incoming emails. I would like to use that method to set automatic ticket opening from the mail.

When I tried to run any of the sm -emailout commands you wrote, I got nothing... the screen just froze until I canceled it.

Any suggestions will be most welcome...

Thanks,

Tal

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.