Re: Connect-IT - Combine two source connectors into single output (606 Views)
Occasional Contributor
sbstirling
Message 1 of 5 (687 Views)

Connect-IT - Combine two source connectors into single output

Hi there,

Ive been looking for a solution for this but am having little luck and hoping someone can point me in the irght direction if this is even possible.

Basically trying to create an interaction in HPSM from a XML file. The XML file has information about the contact and the interaction that needs to be created.

I would like to be able to pass the XML document to a webservice connector to return the contact record, then pass the XML and the contact record to another webservice connector to create the interaction, however it keeps attempting to create two interactions as Im assuming it see these as separate input.

Is there anyway to combine these two inputs to only get a single output?

AKA is it possible to combine multiple source connectors to create a single input.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Valued Contributor
Kvark
Message 2 of 5 (632 Views)

Re: Connect-IT - Combine two source connectors into single output

[ Edited ]

hello, 

if I undestand correctly by first try you cheking some contact data, and then if its true/false do some other stuff...

Need more explanation of that you are try to do.

However you can connect few box in CIT and in mapping add some logic that will pass or not data from source to HPSM. 

So its looks like:

1. read XML data

2. do retriveinteraction 

3. generate report / connect to next 

4. mapping logic due report / result 

5. create interaction (hint: if its not needed - PifRejectDocumentMapping, if ok - mapp data from source like $ParentDoc$.$ParentDoc$.tag)

I do some similar then need to raise incident from OpsMgr. You may see this on connection schema: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/attachments/hpeb/itrc-695/100823/1/CITlogic.jpg

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=
In wine wisdom!
In the beer force!
In water, the microbes...
Occasional Contributor
sbstirling
Message 3 of 5 (620 Views)

Thanks for your reply!

I think what you are doing is close to what I am after and will try to explain in more detail.

The basic idea is that a single XML file is being generated this XML file contains both information on the interaction and the person who is requesting the service.

What I am trying to do is this, map the XML file to the SM webservice so that I can retrieve the contact record. The retrieved contact record should then be mapped to another webservice to create the interaction, the creation of the interaction would also require some of the data from the original XML file.

The issue I am at is that I can not figure out how to combine the returned contact information with the information in the original XML document to create a interaction using both sets of data simultaneously. It appears when I am doing this that it is trying to create two interactions one from the original XML data and one from the contact record, is there a way to basically merge this data so that a single interaction is created?

Hope that makes more sense!

Thanks again for any help 

Valued Contributor
Kvark
Message 4 of 5 (606 Views)

[ Edited ]

you just need to figure out how CIT is working :) each container is connected to another one via mapping box. Each container have 2 stages: input doc and output doc. You can map values from input to output doc in mapping box and also add some logic where. 

So in you case source - have data (A + B). That you need to do is:

1. read data (btw it will read all files content before go to next step - repeat ALL)

2. map to first container to retrive information that you need (A - produce output if success = 1)

3. map to secont container data from first (B - if any) and if needed data from source (A).

So that i am sayng - you have direct mapping like RetVal = [YourValueReturnedByHPSM] but if you need put data from source then it should be as RetVal = [$ParentDoc$.$ParentDoc$.DataFromSource] each $ParentDoc$ is one step up if we comparing it to navigation via folders in dos box. Hope now its clear. 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=
In wine wisdom!
In the beer force!
In water, the microbes...
Occasional Visitor
JagadeeshK
Message 5 of 5 (503 Views)

hi,

I am new HP Connect-It scenario creation. I am also looking for similar solution but pretty easy one.

I want the scenario like this:

1. I have to fetch some data from HP Asset Manager based on field "AssetTag"

2. Fetch some data from a MS SQL Server database, here also "AssetTag" exists.

Now i want to combine these two based on "AssetTag"  and generate a result set which will be consumed a MS SQL Server table.

Can you please explain in details how this can achieved?

Regards,

Jagadeesh

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.