Configuring the left side menu in German for HP Service Manager (318 Views)
Advisor
JTonn
Message 1 of 3 (318 Views)
Accepted Solution

Configuring the left side menu in German for HP Service Manager

We are in process of moving our version of Service Manager 9.3 out to Germany.  We have installed the language pack in order for the translations to happen.  I have also adjusted any custom forms, messages, notifications, etc.. into German which was quite easy.

However, there is one area that I customized in English and cannot find where I can do the same in German.  This would be the Menu located in the left panel off the Self Service WebPage.  Any links in this panel that came OOB did translate.  However, I have added some customized links that did not translate. 

So, does anyone know where I need to go to make these language conversions?  I have attached a screen shot of what I need to convert to help describe my issue.

Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 2 of 3 (305 Views)

Re: Configuring the left side menu in German for HP Service Manager

Hello,

suppose you have configured menu items from menu configuration window (type menu in navigation and search for the desired one). Regarding OOB naming and automative translation - it is done with messages, so it translates the data in English to the message which is in the system (for Germany they are in german i suppose). Menu is not translated directly, it just displays the namings in German. Thats the reason why your custom added things remained in English. So you will have to translate them to german yourself.

Advisor
JTonn
Message 3 of 3 (261 Views)

Re: Configuring the left side menu in German for HP Service Manager

Thanks.  Although updating the language does occur in the messages, it does so a little differently as there is no message number.  The message number is actually the text being displayed within the menu.

So, the menu item icreated was 'Suggest an Enhancement' which was shown in english on the Self Service webpage.

So I had to first create an English message and then a German message as follows;

Language Code:  en

Class:   scmenu

Message Number:  ESSSM-Miscellaneous-Suggest an Enhancement

In the text tab:  Suggest an Enhancement

and then copied into the german language......

Language Code:  de

Class:   scmenu

Message Number:  ESSSM-Miscellaneous-Suggest an Enhancement

In the text tab:   Schlagen Sie einen Enhancement

That works !!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.