Re: Change not moving on to next phase. (759 Views)
Occasional Advisor
John J Warren
Message 1 of 8 (817 Views)

Change not moving on to next phase.

[ Edited ]

We have a change category setup for a server forklift process. We are running into an issue where the change is not moving on to the next phase after the tasks are closed. 

In the change phase under the tab Model/Tasks we have checked the "Close this phase" box under the heading "When last task is closed" and that seems to work on all our other change setups but not in this example. 

Has anyone else seen this? or any ideas of what to check?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Audrey H.
Message 2 of 8 (802 Views)

Re: Change not moving on to next phase.

Hi,

Is the phase you are moving to a new phase also, or is it an existing phase.  You might check your Alerts/Open & Close Behaviour tab of your new phases to make sure the open and close behaviour is configured the same as those phases that are working correctly.

Audrey

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
John J Warren
Message 3 of 8 (800 Views)

The next phase is also a new phase. Everything looks ok there also. It will open the tasks as expected when I force it to the next phase using "next phase".

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Mark_Sproule
Message 4 of 8 (797 Views)

On the Alerts/Open Close Behavior tab did you select "Close - open next phase ...

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
John J Warren
Message 5 of 8 (781 Views)

So what I have found so far is that this problem is not specific to just this change flow. 

It seems the problem is caused by people locking the change and sitting on it long enough that the sch record gives up and gets removed.

852( 1764) 03/14/2012 09:33:09 RAD E Could not get lock for change cm3r;C0033748

So I see 2 ways to fix this but have run into road blocks on both.

1) increase the number of times the sch record will retry. It looks like it will try 5 times currently. 

I have no idea where this is set. Has anyone else found this?

2) I wrote a javascript utility in sl that goes through all the pending changes verifies if the tasks are closed and then checks if there is currently a sch record pending to move the change to the next phase. The result is a list of changes that need a new sch record to move them allong. What I don't know how to do here is how do you kick off the rad app to move the change from javascript. (cm3.last.task.process) I'm trying to use system.functions.rtecall with "callrad" but I don't know the syntax for the rad app.

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
-m-
Message 6 of 8 (778 Views)

1. The number of retries is hard-coded in the cm3.last.task.process RAD Application (Panel: check.resched)

Consider reporting this to Customer Support if you feel this needs to be addressed.

2. An alternative option is to create a schedule record which runs the cm3.last.task.process RAD Application (instead of running cm3.last.task.process directly).

Examples using the "callrad" rtecall can be found in several OOB ScriptLibrary records including: RAD, KMUtil, and callradSetupExample.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
John J Warren
Message 7 of 8 (764 Views)

I tried adding a sch record using a insert query in my javascript. I ran into an issue trying to fill in the class field. I think "class" is a reserved word in javascript and I get an error saying it is missing the name after the "." on the line for fSch.class

var fSch = new SCFile( "schedule" );
fSch.name = "Last Task Closed for Change " + changeNum;
fSch.class = "change";
fSch.sched_class = "change"
fSch.application = "cm3.last.task.process";
fSch.query = "number=\""+changeNum+"\"";
fSch.strings = ["Forklift Build Phase 2", changeNum];
fSch.booleans = [false, true];
rtn1 = fSch.doInsert()

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
-m-
Message 8 of 8 (759 Views)

An underscore needs to precede the field in this case:

fSch._class = "change";

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation