ChM Change Open Notification (643 Views)
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor
Message 1 of 8 (643 Views)
Accepted Solution

ChM Change Open Notification

Can an expert tell me when the ChM Change Open Notification is triggered?

I thought it would be logical but on our system (SM (9.30) it seems to be triggered when I close the Change Logging phase. Is this considered to be when the RFC '"Opens"   ?

I need to find what is triggering the notifcation so I can look at replicating it further down the work-flow

Thanks.

Tony

Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 8 (635 Views)

Re: ChM Change Open Notification

Hello,

Are you using Process designer? Is your notifications customized?

In OOB system there are a lot of  conditions for various notifcations on Chm Change open but some of them are just limited to is it Subscription change or not.

can you make a screenshot of your notification record conditions?

Honored Contributor
Message 3 of 8 (589 Views)

[ Edited ]

If I recall correctly, the ChM Change Open notification is called whenever a new phase  is opened, not only when the change is opened--the notification you're seeing is not a result of the logging phase being closed, but is instead generated by the next phase being opened. Similarly, the closure notification definition is called at phase closure, not just at final closure of the change. I don't have access to a non-PD Change build, so I cannot test. 

Please post a screen capture of the notification definition for review. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Frequent Advisor
Message 4 of 8 (578 Views)

Thanks John and Vadim,

John's explanation helped me to understand when it fires. I looked at the condition and picked up that it was approval.satus="pending" that was why it was firing when it changed phases.  I've attached a copy of Chm Change Open to show this but what I really want is for Chm Change Approval to work.

I can't figure out why Chm Change Open works (and sends to all members of the current.pending.groups setting) but the similar line in Chm Change Approval doesn't.  Is one condition in the notification cancelling out another?

Unfortunately we're not using Process Designer for Change yet but demos of this from HP seem to greatly simplify setting up conditions within workflows.

Thanks again for any help

Tony.

Honored Contributor
Message 5 of 8 (572 Views)

[ Edited ]

"Change Approval" runs only in response to any approver executing an approval against the record even if more approvals are pending. Opening the approval phase is not performing an approval action.

"Change Denial" works in response to any approver executing a denial against the record.

"Change Final Approval" executes when the record approval status is changed to "Approved" (so not at every single approval actions). 

"Change Final Denial" excutes when the record approval status is changed to "Denied". If your approval type is set to "All must approve - immediate denial" this is the norm.

If you look at the cm3r Object, on the approvals tab it lists which notifications are called when.

Frequent Advisor
Message 6 of 8 (566 Views)

Fascinating.  So ChM Change Approval only fires AFTER the change has been approved.  Is that right?

In which case,  should I be using ChM Change Open to fire a notification email when a change is waiting for approval?

Thanks.

Tony

Honored Contributor
Message 7 of 8 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]

If a change has multiple approvals, ChM Change Approval fires as EACH approval is executed, which does not necessarily mean that the change has been approved (there may still be additional pending approvals).

--If you add an approver notification to this notification definition, the remaining approvers can be sent another approval request after each group approves.

ChM Final approval is called when all approvals are completed and the record approval status changes to approved.

Your initial approver notification should be based on ChM Open.

Frequent Advisor
Message 8 of 8 (541 Views)

Thanks John. Thorough as ever

I'll work on ChM Change Open as my trigger for advising approvers that there are Changes waiting for their approval.

Cheers,
Tony
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.