Can we select more than one incident ticket and relate all the selected incidents to incident. (590 Views)
Advisor
Mahadevsingh
Message 1 of 11 (590 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can we select more than one incident ticket and relate all the selected incidents to incident.

Dear Expert,

I have a requirement, An agent / technician should be able to select more than one incident ticket and relate all the selected incidents to one master incident.

Appreciate your support.

Reg,

Mahadev

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 2 of 11 (587 Views)

Re: Can we select more than one incident ticket and relate all the selected incidents to incident.

Hi,

No, it is not possible OOB.

You have to customize your system to achieve this.

hth,
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mahadevsingh
Message 3 of 11 (561 Views)

Re: Can we select more than one incident ticket and relate all the selected incidents to incident.

Dear Piku,

Thanks, i also come to know by seeing the OOB system, but how can we achieve this.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mahadevsingh
Message 4 of 11 (539 Views)

Dear Experts,

Any suggestions on how i can customize or tailor for this requirement.

Regs,

Mahadev

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sanzz
Message 5 of 11 (522 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,
This is very much achievable, where do you want to select these multiple IM tickets from? Incident Queue or Search QBE or from an Incident ticket?

Just to give you an idea - I would do it using Wizards.
- Create a "Wizard" which will show a simple IM search screen.
- Have a multi select option in "wizard1" -> idea is to link the selected IM tickets to the Master ticket which you can select in "wizard2".
- Use screlate table to create entries which will link the previously selected IM tickets to Master IM ticket)

Please excuse me if the above doesn't give any help to you. Approach is in a way similar to "Relate-Incidents-Associate" but assuming you are not doing it from Master IM ticket.

Regards,
Sanzz

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mahadevsingh
Message 6 of 11 (502 Views)

Dear Sanzz,

I am new to HPSM, it would be really gr8 if you can explain to me in more technical way.

like were to go and how we need to add.

Regards,

Mahadev

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mahadevsingh
Message 7 of 11 (480 Views)

Dear Experts,

If possible, pls guide me on thsi requirement technically.

I want to do a mass relate option for a master incident, so i can relate multiple incidents to a master incident by selecting muutiple incidents and realting them same as we do mass update which is a OOB feature.

Regards,

Mahadev

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 8 of 11 (467 Views)

Hi,

It would be little complex because then you have to identify from where user will relate the record, if using the OOB qbe list then you have to fin sql query used and in back-end run the 'us.screlate.options' RAD.
Or you can use some wizard where user can put those all tickets number and you can then you can relate them.

Might some one has implemented it and share the exact solution.

hth,
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mahadevsingh
Message 9 of 11 (458 Views)

Dear Piku,

Can we relate it from Incidetn ticket, so enginner can select multiple incidetn tickets and relate it with the incident ticket.

Yes we can utilize wizard option also.

Dear Experts,

any suggestion for this.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Mahadev

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sanjay_185
Message 10 of 11 (395 Views)

Dear Mahadev,

You can try the below steps to mass relate incidents to an incident ticket.

1. Ceate an array filed in probsumaary table say relatedincidents

2 in the probsummary link - add in the last line. Filed (from/source) as relatedincidents, File(to/target) as probsummary, Filed(to/Target) as number, in the Query: $query,

in the Expression add the below lines

$query=true
$fill.search.format="im.advFind.incident.search"

and in the mapping

Soruce Filed (fill to/post from) as relatedincidents and Target Filed (fill from/post to) as number

save the link

3. create a form say im.massrelate with one read only filed with caption Master Record: input for the filed will be number, and

second filed will be a comfill filed with input as relatedincidents with caption say Related Incidents (this will capture multiple incidents from the search as defined in the above link)

4. create a wizard: wizard name (mass relate)

in the intial expression put, relatedincidents in $L.file={""}

under the usage tab, select Request user input for wizard ussage

and in the sub format to display give the name of the form created say im.incident

on the action tab, under java script, wrtie a scrip to do call the screlation to relate the vaule of relatedincidents to the number (master incidet) in the screlation table.

code will be like this

var fscrealtion = new SCFile("screaltion");
var lengthlista = vars.$L_file.relatedincidents.length();

for (var i=0; i < lengthlista; i++)
{
fscrelation.soruce = vars.$L_file.number;
fscrelation.source_filename = "problem";

fscrealtion.depend = vars.$L_file.relatedincidents[i];
fscrealtion.depend_filename = "problem";

fscrealtion.doInsert();
}

Add/save the wizard

5. Create a dispaly option with conditon as true or u can use ur condition as when i want to dispaly the mass realte button on the imp form

go to the dispaly option, type do on the command promot of SM, create a DO (mine is sm9.32 version)

imIncident.view_MassRelate, provide the Default label for the DO, under the RAD tab ( provide the name of the wizard u created as per step 4)

RAD Application: wizard.run

Names:                   Vaules:
name                       mass relate
file                           $L.file

Save the DO and now on the incident record you can see the massrelate option enabled, and you can relate multiple incidents to the icnident record at the same time.

Hope this help.

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mahadevsingh
Message 11 of 11 (391 Views)

Thanks Sanjay Yadav for your input and help, yes the solution works.

Dear Experts, 

Thanks for all your input and help.

Regards,

Mahadev

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation