CI Relationship issue. (365 Views)
Advisor
Aj_SMbeginner
Message 1 of 4 (365 Views)

CI Relationship issue.

Hi Experts,

In auto incident ticket for 2 fields Affected services  and Affected CI am getting value as "ABC" and "XYZ" respectively.

If I click fill button of affected ci am getting below warning message.

"Cannot find related information in device using query: logical.name isin $memberList and logical.name#logical.name in $File"

AM having a CI relationship like "ABC" as a upstream CI and "XYZ" as a downstream CI and "ABC" is a CI of bizservice type.

Can anyone please tell me why am getting that warning message inspite of having valid CI relationship.

Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 2 of 4 (348 Views)

Re: CI Relationship issue.

Hi,

Check your link record ro device table link line.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/Service-Manager-Service-and-affected-CI/m-p/...

hth,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Kudos-what-where-how-and-why/m-p/5677925#U5677925
Advisor
Aj_SMbeginner
Message 3 of 4 (330 Views)

Hi Piku,

Thanks for ur reply, I checked my link records and it remain same as OOB, but still am facing that problem.

Please help me.

Frequent Advisor
PB_123
Message 4 of 4 (290 Views)

Hello,

I will give you a brief heads-up for the Affected Service and Affected CI from my past Project experience.

If SM is integrated to monitoring tools, and events are getting generated from Monitoring side, then Affected CI will be populated as the node name(will be coming from Monitoring side).

Please use the below mentioned link code in master Link record(Probsummary):

Source Field Name: logical.name; Target File Name: device; Target Field Name: logical.name

Second Link LIne: Expressions:

$query="true"

if (not null(logical.name in $File)) then ($query="logical.name#logical.name in $File")

Source Field: logical.name ; target Field:logical.name

In case you want to populate only the bizservice for Affected Service, you can modify the above mentioned query in the link records.

Also it would be better if you populate the Affected Service(bizservice) that are based on relation for Affected CI(corresponding node for the bizservice).

Assign kudos if the above inputs help  you !!!

Thanks.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.