Re: Approval defintion puts my approval process in indefinite loop. (187 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Service Manager_2
Message 1 of 3 (205 Views)
Accepted Solution

Approval defintion puts my approval process in indefinite loop.

Hey Friends,

I need a quick help from you guys.. I am facing a weird experience in hpsm 9.30. In a phase I have an Approver tab. There I put an Apporver as CAB.  Now, this CAB is having 3 change groups which I have defined in the Approver definition.

CAB  and its defintion is All must approve

CAB 1 -  This group Contains 2 operators. Operator1 and Operator2. This I have added in the approver of the groups by going to the profiles and adding the group CAB 1 in the approval.

CAB 2 -  This group Contains 2 operators. Operator3 and Operator4 . This I have added in the approver of the groups

CAB 3 -  This group Contains 2 operators. Operator5 and Operator6.. This I have added in the approver of the groups

Now, the process works fine once . so, any one approver from CAB1 approves, similary one operator fron CAB 2 approves, and on operator from CAB 3 approves smoothly.

The problem is that after all the three CAB 1, CAB 2, CAB 3 approves it again goes back to CAB 1, CAB 2, CAB 3, then again, CAB 1, CAB 2, CAB 3, on and on..

I cant understand why is this happening..It is not coming out of loop. The status always shows as pending. It should come as approved when all the three group members approve. Is it because I have provided RESET Approval as true. Does it matter.

However, If I give reset Approval as false.. then it is affecting my other queries.

Any suggestions please...

Regards,

Raju Singh

Raju Singh
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
-m-
Message 2 of 3 (187 Views)

Re: Approval defintion puts my approval process in indefinite loop.

Yes, it is related to setting the Recalc or Reset settings to true in the Change Phase record.

However, If I give reset Approval as false.. then it is affecting my other queries.

How does setting Reset to false in the Change Phase affect your other queries?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 3 of 3 (179 Views)

Re: Approval defintion puts my approval process in indefinite loop.

[ Edited ]

By setting the reset approvals control in the phase to "true" you've explictly instructed SM to reset (clear) the approvals each time the change is updated (including when the approval status is changed from "pending" to "approved"). The application is doing exactly what you've configured it to do.

Reset approvals should normally be set to false in a phase with approvals. If you need to reset approvals, it should be based on an expression the specifically resets approvals at certain times. For example, you might want to reset approvals only if the planned.start or planned.end is changed (thereby invalidating any approvals already performed in the phase).

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation