Re: Activity update issue in change management (166 Views)
Reply
Trusted Contributor
vnarend
Posts: 206
Registered: ‎07-27-2011
Message 1 of 6 (231 Views)

Activity update issue in change management

Hi All,

 

in cm3r activityactions I have entered the new line to capture cr priority in activity log as follows.

 

Name: CR Severity have been updated

Condition: not same(vil.priority.code in $L.file, vil.priority.code in $L.file.save)

Description: {"\""+vil.priority.code in $L.file.save+"\" to \"" + vil.priority.code in $L.file + "\""}

 

Issue is: when i set initial priority value (blank to some value), it is only showing CR Severity has been updated and description is not getting populated with the value . But when i change from existing value to other value it is capturing in activity.

 

Thanks in advance,

VND

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Piku
Posts: 3,810
Registered: ‎06-17-2010
Message 2 of 6 (220 Views)

Re: Activity update issue in change management

Hi,

Priority used to be mandatory and should be filled at time of raising the ticket , if it is so then there should not be the issue.
Otherwise For it you may try to modify your description as follow,
{"\""+ nullsub(vil.priority.code in $L.file.save,"NONE")+"\" to \"" + nullsub(vil.priority.code in $L.file,"NONE") + "\""}


hth,
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
vnarend
Posts: 206
Registered: ‎07-27-2011
Message 3 of 6 (205 Views)

Re: Activity update issue in change management

Hi,

 

I will try this and update tou asap,

 

 

Thanks,

VND

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
vnarend
Posts: 206
Registered: ‎07-27-2011
Message 4 of 6 (187 Views)

Re: Activity update issue in change management

Hi,

 

This code didn't help me, still it is blank when i set a value from blank it is not capturing.

 

Thanks,

VND

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Piku
Posts: 3,810
Registered: ‎06-17-2010
Message 5 of 6 (173 Views)

Re: Activity update issue in change management

It should work.
Are you sure that field is vil.priority.code as it is not OOB.
It should be priority.code, try this field in calculation too.

hth,
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
nitstcs
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎05-14-2010
Message 6 of 6 (166 Views)

Re: Activity update issue in change management

Hi,

 

Please try this out

 

Name --> Priority Change

 

Condition --> not same(priority.code in $L.file, priority.code in $L.file.save)

 

Description  {"Priority Changed from " + priority.code in $L.file.save + " to " + priority.code in $L.file}

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation