Re: Accidentally deleted the incident Dbdict record. Please HELP! (227 Views)
Valued Contributor
SanjeevDas
Message 1 of 5 (268 Views)
Accepted Solution

Accidentally deleted the incident Dbdict record. Please HELP!

Hi Experts,

I have accidentally deleted the incident Dbdict record from Database Manager.  My job is at stake by doing this. Now the system has gone unstable. User can't submit the request.

How do I make my system stable again?

Please Help me by providing a solution.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
deepsm
Message 2 of 5 (250 Views)

Re: Accidentally deleted the incident Dbdict record. Please HELP!

u need to restore the db or dbdict for perticular table...

i reccommand to restore latest db backup. if you dont have latest backup then restore deleted table dbdict from that backup.
Thanks,

deepsm
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Abhijit K
Message 3 of 5 (233 Views)

Hi ,

if you have development server(which is copy of production system) then take unl of incidents dbdict from that system and load it in Prod system.

If you dont have dev system then unload take unload from OOB system and add the fields to this new dbdict which were added during customization, use datadict for field reference if you dont know which fields are newly added.

Re,

Abhijit K

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
mpatrikov
Message 4 of 5 (227 Views)

Hi,

I am almost certain that when you delete the dbdict record, the whole table is gone. That means all the records that were in it are lost. 

The only solution here would be to restore a backup of the dbdict + all the records in the table.

Best Regards,

Miro

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
SanjeevDas
Message 5 of 5 (210 Views)

Hi all,

Thanks for the response.

I din't have any sort of backup. No database backup nor the .unl backup.

So what I did is, I have copied the create script from another server where service manager is installed and ran the create script in the affected server. After creating the table created the "incidents" database dictonary and then ran the "import newly created columns from SQL"

Solved the issue. Thankfully my job is saved.

I am not worried about the deleted data becasue this server is still in development environment(testing server). Yet to be migrated to production environment.

However, from now on, I will always remember to keep a backup of database before editing dbdict records.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation