java.lang.null pointer exception (1699 Views)
Regular Advisor
Nyan_1
Message 1 of 3 (1,699 Views)
Accepted Solution

java.lang.null pointer exception

Hi all,

The users are using citrix client to log into HPSD 4.5 and is giving them java.lang.null pointer exception error. has anyone had this problem before and what can be done to solve it or prevent it. much appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Nedachin Dmitriy
Message 2 of 3 (1,699 Views)

Re: java.lang.null pointer exception

Hello
I think it's not a problem of citrix, but problem of current user's cache. You need to clesr folder %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\Cache. And also erase empty *.dat files if there are exist.
To avoid such problems - set the option in SD client: Tools -> Settings -> Advanced -> Purge cache on exit.

Dmitriy
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Satish Kumar Havalada
Message 3 of 3 (1,699 Views)

Re: java.lang.null pointer exception

Hello,

This is my first reply to a query posted on this Forum.
Since, the users are logging into OVSD through Citrix, there is no question of having a folder for SD under %USERPROFILE% as the service desk is not installed in your local drive. There is a workaround for this, you can perform the following operation on your citrix screen:
1) Log into portal
2) Select Agent Profile Manager from Portal
3) Select Service Desk Profile Manager
4) Select Clear Cache. Click on "Clear MY OVSD Cache"
5) Select Clear Profile (Keep My Views). Click on "Clear My OVSD Profile (Keep My Views)
6) Log off from portal. Close the internet Explorer.

Let me know if you have any issues...

Cheers,
Satish
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation