Service pages views (314 Views)
Regular Advisor
Denis_35
Message 1 of 3 (314 Views)

Service pages views

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I faced to strange issue with Service pages full and restricted views data display.

I have two views - one displays SCs from person and second displays SCs from organization. Both of them work fine for some time 2-3 hours, after that these views stop to display data - when i click on it, there is no data.

I tried to restart hp OpenView service desk 4.5 tomcat service - it didn't help.

I tried to delete directory localhost in C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\service pages\work\ - it didn't help too.

And finally i tried to stop OpenView service desk 4.5 tomcat service, after that i deleted localhost directory and started OpenView service desk 4.5 tomcat service - after that views became work normally. Views worked correctly for 4 hours and situation repeated.

I can't understand the root cause of this problem.

Trusted Contributor
DrFoul
Message 2 of 3 (290 Views)

Re: Service pages views

Hi Denis_35,

Sounds strange, indeed. I'm no hero in tomcat or webservers at all, but maybe the logs would help?

Do you know the Java heap size, and how much it is using after a few hours?

Maybe http://javarevisited.blogspot.com/2011/09/javalangoutofmemoryerror-permgen-space.html helps.

I wish I had a tomcat troubleshooting course somewhere.

BR,
Rudolf

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please mark it as an accepted solution. Kudos are welcome.
Honored Contributor
Err_1
Message 3 of 3 (283 Views)

Re: Service pages views

Hi, are you using some sort of Web server load balancer maybe?

Something that may be causing sessions to die after 4 hours?

As DrFoul mentioned, withouth being an expert in Tomcat, still I would start looking at the web logs.

Regards;

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.