Re: Java errors on HP ServiceDesk 4.5 (234 Views)
Advisor
Simon Bond
Message 1 of 5 (234 Views)

Java errors on HP ServiceDesk 4.5

I have a user who get the following error when they start SD:
Unable to start the application - The class files could not be loaded. Catastrophic failure.

He is on WinXP SP1 and has been working perfectly OK in the past. I have seen the error before and whatever I do, just cannot shift it, uninstalling/reinstalling fails, have removed reg entries and reinstalled the JavaVM to no avail. Have also run vainly run the batch files under prog files\common files (Software GridEx Shared, Software FX Shared), again to no avail. Has anyone got a solution that doesn't involve me rebuilding the machine?
Honored Contributor
Jasper  Verweij
Message 2 of 5 (234 Views)

Re: Java errors on HP ServiceDesk 4.5

Simon,

first of all I would recommend you to post future questions in the IT Service Management section. A lot of the SD gurus only look at that specific place for SD questions:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=160

About your current issue, did you reinstall Microsoft Java VM or Sun JVm. You should reinstall the first one.

Another try would be the following. Did you do an upgrade from 4.0 to 4.5? If the answer is yes, please have a look at the ZIP files in c:\winnt\java\packages and open all ZIP files to see if you find folders like com\hp\ifc.... and remove this ZIP file.

Jasper
Advisor
Simon Bond
Message 3 of 5 (234 Views)

Jasper, I didn't upgrade from v.4 (straight to 4.5) and did use the MSJVM. I will take a look on the other forum too, cheers.
Honored Contributor
Piotr Gorka
Message 4 of 5 (234 Views)

Hi
Did you install all necessary components:
1. Java Runtime Enviroment \Tools\Jre\j2re-1_3_1_03-win-i.exe
2. Microsoft Java Virtual Machine \Tools\msjavx86\MSJavx86.exe
3. Microsoft Data Access components \Tools\mdac\mdac_typ.exe - in your case I would check this one especial

Did you try to delete user cache folder - "C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard" ?

Rg

Piotrek
pio_7@o2.pl
Advisor
Simon Bond
Message 5 of 5 (234 Views)

Cheers, tried all that and still getting the same error unfortunately. Any other ideas?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.