Re: Java Error in Service Desk 4.0 (129 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Fredrik Linderoth
Message 1 of 4 (129 Views)

Java Error in Service Desk 4.0

I??ll get the error message
"java.lang.NullPointerException" ,when we choose new and then for
instance service call...

And after upgrade to SP2 we have got ourself a new errormessage. It happens when you try
to print a service call. We get the errormessage
"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException" and no copy is printed. Is this a known
problem for anyone?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Jamie Fiedrich_1
Message 2 of 4 (129 Views)

Re: Java Error in Service Desk 4.0

Can't speak to the first issue, but there is a bug if you try to print an record (Incident, Service Call, etc.) that has another record related to it.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Karla Garcia
Message 3 of 4 (129 Views)

Peder:

About this first issue....
The "java.lang.NullPointerException" error...

I'm working with Service Desk 3.0 and I guess that I have seen this error, but I'm not sure what I did to fix it. But I remember a similar error: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" and the workaround is to delete the files located in C:\Documents and Settings\user_profile\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk.
You don't need to delete the Cache Folder and you have to be careful with "Views.dat" because this file contains the user's local views, so if you don't want to lose them you shouldnt delete it....

So, maybe you can try this workaround and see if the error disappears....

Regards,
Karla Garcia
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Fredrik Linderoth
Message 4 of 4 (129 Views)

I tried to delete the files you suggested but the problem is still there, "java.lang.NullPointerException". I??ll get this when I choose open and then for instance a new form that I have made. A workaround is to choose new - choose form... - and then I can choose whatever form I like.

The other errormessage "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException" do I get when I open a servicecall and then tries to either print preview or print..., hmm strange...

I wasn??t really satisfied with the printing of the service call earlier either. You couldn??t see the callers phonenumber, you could se the configuration Items name but if you for instance had specified what kind of maschine it is, you can??t see that on your print. And I??ll guess the location of the caller isn??t on the print...
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation