Dates and time zone changes (95 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Ian Green_1
Message 1 of 5 (95 Views)

Dates and time zone changes

I am having a bit of problem keeping the dates in HP Synchonized with my time zone. Is there a way to have this setup automatically so that when there is a time zone change it is adjusted automatically.

Right now I have change the time zone on Work Group and persons. I have also made the adjustment in system panel under time zones but when I log a call. it is coming up one hour short(I am using the Eastern Standard Time(New York)) Time zone. I was using Central Standard time chigago before which was a hour ahead of new york.

I seem to be missing something
Regular Advisor
bpgraham
Message 2 of 5 (95 Views)

Re: Dates and time zone changes

You can set the time zone for most objects in the system during the import. If you are pulling in information from an external system, use a template to set the value on the way in. For example if you are getting your person or account information from LDAP export, see if you can get the timezone from the export and include in the import. You may also want to see if your environment could use a Network Time Protocol agent at the O/S level to make sure that the system clock is always correct.

By the way, don't forget to apply the TZupdater patches for the JVM to correct the US DST issue that will occur on 03/11 and any corresponding O/S patches to correct the same.
Honored Contributor
Carol Hibbard
Message 3 of 5 (95 Views)

Are you saying that the registration time is off by one hour or calculated fields like deadline are off by one hour?
Frequent Advisor
Ian Green_1
Message 4 of 5 (95 Views)

The registration time is off by 1 hour
Honored Contributor
Carol Hibbard
Message 5 of 5 (95 Views)

The time in the DB is stored in GMT and then the client settings for time zone are used to present it in the GUI for your local time zone. You may need to flush your cache if you have changed your time zone setting. Is the view still reflecting Chicago time? or is it ahead of ET?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.