Re: "Could not handle dropped mails actually being mails and files!" (184 Views)
Valued Contributor
CCISM
Message 1 of 3 (212 Views)

"Could not handle dropped mails actually being mails and files!"

What does this message mean

"Could not handle dropped mails actually being mails and files!"

Scenario:

User searched for an email within Outlook

User tried to drag this email to TRIM and the message above.

The email found was actually located in user's Inbox, so they had to go to the Inbox, where the email was located, and dragged and dropped it from there into HP TRIM. They were able to successfully drag and drop the email into TRIM.

We're trying to understand what the message means though. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot attached.

SH
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
TRIMGuru
Message 2 of 3 (184 Views)

Re: "Could not handle dropped mails actually being mails and files!"

I suspect that the user might have some outlook "rules" that places a copy (actually a stub) of the email in different folder(s), without removing it from the inbox. Thus, when searching, they find the email in a folder other than the inbox (which I'm guessing really isn't a copy, but a stub that points to the email in the inbox) and when they drag and drop from there into TRIM, TRIM doesn't see it as an email. LOL, but what a message TRIM gives you - that's a good one. (Remember, I'm only guessing here).
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Neil Summers
Message 3 of 3 (154 Views)

Re: "Could not handle dropped mails actually being mails and files!"

Yeah I'd say TRIMGuru's probably right. It sounds like the error message is the result of some very unlikely event that the developer didn't actually expect to happen in the real world.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HP.

(Please state the version of TRIM/HPRM you're using in all posts)

HP Software Support Online (SSO): http://support.openview.hp.com
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation