Workflow Activity Notes does not appear in the activity once the workflow is initiated (190 Views)
Advisor
Hu2ky
Message 1 of 7 (190 Views)

Workflow Activity Notes does not appear in the activity once the workflow is initiated

Hi all,

I’m struggling finding the way to get the activity notes from the template appeared in the initiated workflow activity. I created a workflow template and put some notes on the Properties Notes tab of each activity. Once I initiate the workflow from this template, the activity in the Activity Due tray doesn’t show any notes written as in the template. How can I get the notes to come with the workflow activity automatically? (The notes will appear only if you append new notes on that workflow activity and save it. Then the notes from the template will now appear in the activity together with the just saved notes.)  

Please help me out if anyone has any suggestion on this.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 2 of 7 (190 Views)

Re: Workflow Activity Notes does not appear in the activity once the workflow is initiated

There are a few issues raised with R&D regarding notes in Workflow.

Which version/build are you using? Your specific problem might already be fixed and available.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Hu2ky
Message 3 of 7 (190 Views)

Re: Workflow Activity Notes does not appear in the activity once the workflow is initiated

Hi Grundy,

Thanks for your response.

The TRIM version I'm using is v.6 build 2.2.8617. Hopefully it's already been fixed :smileyhappy:

You advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 4 of 7 (190 Views)

Yep, we've made fixes for notes in Workflow since your version, so you should find the problem mostly resolved.

Check the TRIM_Sper and TRIM_Fixes doco in the latest releases for details.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Hu2ky
Message 5 of 7 (190 Views)

"Check the TRIM_Sper and TRIM_Fixes doco in the latest releases for details."

Wonderful.

But could you please point me where I can find that information?

Thanks for your help.:smileyhappy:

Hu2ky

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 6 of 7 (190 Views)

Check out fix 33583 in the attached 6.2.4 TRIMSper file.

That is probably the most relevant fix.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Hu2ky
Message 7 of 7 (190 Views)

Now the question has been answered.

We're going to upgrade it to version 7 in a month or so, the problem should be solved by then.

Big thanks to Grundy for your super fast replies :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Hu2ky

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation