TRIM LDAP / AD Directory Synchronisation (DS) Tool (409 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Meela Davis
Message 1 of 4 (409 Views)

TRIM LDAP / AD Directory Synchronisation (DS) Tool

Hi All

Do you use the TRIM DS Tool? If you do, what for? We are currently investigating this tool and would like input from anyone, anywhere on how it is being used.

I am finding it fairly simple to import location metadata and basic group and organisation membership, but there seems to be limitations on importing nested groups. Has anyone else found this?

Thanks

Meela

TRIM 7.1 (1150), Windows 7
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Neil Summers
Message 2 of 4 (340 Views)

Re: TRIM LDAP / AD Directory Synchronisation (DS) Tool

No one?

Neil

(Please state the version of TRIM/HPRM you're using in all posts)
Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HP.

HP Software Support Online (SSO): http://support.openview.hp.com
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 3 of 4 (338 Views)

I've installed it a few times. It's good to prepping locations with user names. Though it's very rare that Active Directory has a OU's setup in such a way that you can properly setup a map to the TRIM security structure. A lot of places just ignore it after a while because it's a pain to manage that mapping.
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Neil Summers
Message 4 of 4 (317 Views)

I suspected the same, though I haven't personally dealt with a customer who's using it.

In my experience/testing and when talking to people about it, I got the impression the IT people don't expend much effort in AD when creating an organisational structure. Hence it can be of limited use when trying to create a mapping to TRIM's more logical and well structured location hierarchy.

Neil

(Please state the version of TRIM/HPRM you're using in all posts)
Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HP.

HP Software Support Online (SSO): http://support.openview.hp.com
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation