Re: TRIM 7.0.1 Web Client - Missing Core Functionality : Actions? (260 Views)
Frequent Advisor
kimonworkbox
Message 1 of 3 (260 Views)

TRIM 7.0.1 Web Client - Missing Core Functionality : Actions?

I am thinking that I have this right.. any further comments on this would be appreciated.

Can anyone else find actions in the TRIM 7.x Web Client?

Actions & Action Tracking is a core part of TRIM - but appears to be missing in the Web Client? So if you are assigning some action to someone, they will never see it unless they have the thick client (as far as I can tell)

I am not sure what is going on because in the HP TRIM Web Client Enhancements for TRIM 7.0.1* TRIM 7.1 there's a mention about this specific feature (or it would seem that way to me, but perhaps I have a different interpretation): "..HP TRIM Web Client replicates Action Tracking functionality in TRIM Thick Client..." (with a few exceptions) -  (Source: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13507_div/13507_div.html)

There's a bit more info at the above link under the "HP TRIM Web Client Enhancements" section.

Perhaps "Action Tracking" in this document is unrelated to Workflow Actions?

Anyone know how to interpret this?

Thanks

* Edited as this should have been TRIM 7.1 instead of TRIM 7.0.1

Advisor
Erik Wold
Message 2 of 3 (260 Views)

Re: TRIM 7.0.1 Web Client - Missing Core Functionality : Actions?

The referenced quote from the link does indicate Action Tracking functionality, which is an enhancement for version 7.1 - coming soon. The Web Client version you were referring to (7.0.1) does NOT have Action tracking, but does have Workflow activity completion.

Hope this clears it up:smileyhappy:

Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 3 of 3 (260 Views)

Re: TRIM 7.0.1 Web Client - Missing Core Functionality : Actions?

As Erik said, keep an eye out for this soon.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

Kapish.com.au
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.