Re: Preventing the creation of Ghost Locations from email - TRIM 6.2 (431 Views)
Frequent Advisor
BKorn
Message 1 of 4 (431 Views)
Accepted Solution

Preventing the creation of Ghost Locations from email - TRIM 6.2

I want to prevent the creation of ghost / unknown locations when saving emails to TRIM.  I have selected "supress Automatic Profiling of the Record from the document profile" and unchecked "Convert all Recipients to Contacts for the Record" under the system options.  Can anyone suggest something else I should try?

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
JasonIMEX
Message 2 of 4 (431 Views)

Re: Preventing the creation of Ghost Locations from email - TRIM 6.2

Are most of these locations occuring from local exchance accounts? We had that same issue and it can be fixed by adding a new electronic address of type exchange and fill it with required info.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 3 of 4 (431 Views)

BKorn,

You will not be able to completely stop the creation of unknown locations.  Even if you turn off the conversion of all message recipients to TRIM locations, TRIM will still create an unknown location for the "From" or "To" fields if they don't already exist as known TRIM locations.  

Jason's recommendation is a good start for handling things within your control (users in your organization).  Depending on the type of email system you use you could optionally bulk-load contact information from either your mail server or other contact management databases as known locations.  However that usually requires a bit of integration and routine execution.

The best thing to do is just manage this as a standard TRIM administrator task.  The TRIM administrator should be reviewing unknown locations routinely and converting them to known locations.  Though TRIM doesn't really care if they are unknown.  If you're only wanting to stop this from happening is because users are having to see unknown locations in their location search windows, you can just update the default Location search windows to not include unknown locations.

Cheers,

Erik

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
BKorn
Message 4 of 4 (431 Views)

Thanks to both of you for the advice.  As per your advice Erik, I thought that may be the case with preventing ghosts.  Most users are using a seriously outdated version of Notes, but will be going to outlook 2007 in the next couple of weeks which should make things a bit better!

Cheers,

Brad.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation