Re: Pre Upgrade to RM8 from Trim 7.1.2 (224 Views)
Advisor
Dave84
Message 1 of 4 (293 Views)

Pre Upgrade to RM8 from Trim 7.1.2

We are due to upgrade from Trim 7.1.2 to Records Manager 8 on our Live environment in a couple of months.  We are currently just testing RM8 within a test environment with the different software we use.

My question is that we currently have a huge number of Documents checked out to Offline records and was wondering whether it is just recommended that these are checked in before the upgrade to RM8 or whether it is essential.  Also what are the possible implications if left checked out until after the upgrade ?

Thanks

Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 2 of 4 (266 Views)

Re: Pre Upgrade to RM8 from Trim 7.1.2

You really should. Otherwise documents in those offline records could be lost.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 3 of 4 (246 Views)

Yep, agree with Wisely.

I believe that it mentions this is the upgrade doco, it is an essential step if you do not wish to lose any data.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Advisor
Dave84
Message 4 of 4 (224 Views)

Thanks guys.  I did think it was somthing that needed doing just was unsure what the possible outcomes would be if it wasnt done.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.