Re: HP TRIM 7.1 and Kofax Capture 9 - support for client/server (420 Views)
Advisor
Message 1 of 5 (690 Views)

HP TRIM 7.1 and Kofax Capture 9 - support for client/server

Can anyone tell me why the Kofax export script 9.0 only supports standalone Kofax Capture installations as listed in the documentation or is there a workaround for Kofax Capture client/server installations.

This is not listed as a bug and is a major deviation from the export scripts of previous versions. I would think that the majority of Kofax Deployments in a production environment would be client/server.

Advisor
Message 2 of 5 (690 Views)

Re: HP TRIM 7.1 and Kofax Capture 9 - support for client/server

I have found a workaround if anyone is interested let me know.

Visitor
Message 3 of 5 (684 Views)

I'd be very interested in hearing about what you encountered trying to use Kofax 9.0 release script with TRIM 7.1.

We've seen some intermittent issues using the release script with a Kofax KCNS environment so I'm curious if your experiences and workaround have any relationship to what we're encountering.

RB7
Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 5 (587 Views)

Hello,

could you let me know what your workaround is for the Kofax Client/Server install with HP TRIM 7.1

Thanks

RB

Advisor
Message 5 of 5 (420 Views)

[ Edited ]

Apologies for letting this topic die as I cannot remember receiving notification of your replies.

Problem:

Using a UNC path to store scanned images result in errors during the export to HP TRIM queue processing.

Workaround:

1. Map a network drive on the Kofax server e.g.. “K:” to \\KofaxServer\capturesv\images.

2. During batch class configuration use K:\ for the image folder.

3. On each Kofax station with HP TRIM Export connector installed map a network drive e.g.. “K:” to \\KofaxServer\capturesv\images

Result:

When Kofax batch classes run on either the server or client it will be configured to use K:\ thus export to TRIM successfully.

Regards, Dirk

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.