WCM Access denied when creating the Configuration Database (508 Views)
Frequent Advisor
gsalgar
Message 1 of 10 (508 Views)
Accepted Solution

WCM Access denied when creating the Configuration Database

Hi all.

After succesfully installion of HP Trim Web Cient (is working OK), Web Service and WCM (had to create the user Network Service in windows to be able to end the installation), I started to configure WCM. 

Initially WCM didn't start and I had to manually add the application in IIS. Then the page displays OK.

I follow the indications and at the moment to press the "SAVE" button (Figure WCM1), I got a message: Access Denied to requested record (Figure WCM2).

I checekd and the database "WCMconfig" was created. (Figure WCM3)

The two main users I'm using (TRIMServices & my login account "Germán") appears as users of the database.

Please help me in this final step to install the required software to do a proof of concept for a customer.

Windows 8.1 Pro

SQL Server Express

HP Trim 7.30 for trial

Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 2 of 10 (489 Views)

Re: WCM Access denied when creating the Configuration Database

Try creating a SQL account and using that in the config instead, give it bulk admin permissions etc in SQL.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor
gsalgar
Message 3 of 10 (472 Views)

I tried giving every possible permission in SQL, but didn't work. Any other suggestion?

Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 4 of 10 (460 Views)

What I mean is that in your screenshot, you are using Windows Authentication to connect to the database.

Instead, try using SQL Authentication (Which requires a SQL account, not a Windows account, to be configured in SQL Server)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor
gsalgar
Message 5 of 10 (431 Views)

Hi Grundy. In fact I did what you said after reading your sugesstion:

1. Create a new sql user with a lot of permissions. (see figures sql1.jpg and sql2.jpg)

2.  Start WCM. Figure wcm41.jpg

3. Tried the connection with the sql credentials. Figure wcm42.jpg

4.  Error starting session with the sql credentials. Figure wcm43.jpg

5.  Trying connection without credentials (successfully). Figure wcm44.jpg

6. Since the database was already created I used it and tried to save the configration without sql credentials as in step 5. Figure wcm45.jpg

7.  Acces denied error. Figure wcm46.jpg

8. Trying to save with sql credentials. Figure wcm47.jpg

9. Access denied error. Figure wcm48.jpg

It doesn't matter which credentials I use, the same error persists: Access denied to the requested record. There must be some tag in some part that need to be modified?

Thanks for assistance.

Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 6 of 10 (426 Views)

The only thing I can think of here is a compatibility issue.

Windows 8.1 isn't supported with that version of TRIM and I know back in the day that WCM was fussy about the SQL Server version.

It might be that it doesn't support SQL Express and this is the symptom you are now seeing.

Ideally you should probably try using Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 R2 and HP TRIM 7.3.4 (Not 7.3.0).

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor
gsalgar
Message 7 of 10 (415 Views)

I'm very dissapointed with your conclusions. It was somewhat difficult to get Trim, web cient and WCM installed in my W8.1 & SQLExpress demo plattform. Nonetheless, I'll try  to get the plattform you suggest.

BUT, how to obtain Trim 7.3.4? The trial version available is 7.30.

Thanks for your time and I hope someone appeears with a speedier solution than to setup a whole new plattform.

HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 8 of 10 (407 Views)

As far as I know, at this stage none of the current releases or TRIM \ RM are spec'd against Win 8.1.

It will be coming in the future, but at this stage due to how recent Win 8.1 is there hasn't been any testing against TRIM \ RM yet.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 9 of 10 (405 Views)

Well it doesn't matter how long it took or how hard it was to setup, the fact that all your components are unsupported together is a clear indication of where the issue may be.

This shouldn't be a surprise and there's no 'speedy' solution when you are running your environment out of spec.

(Please see the TRIM Spec documentation for exact system requirements)

7.3.4 is available under the 'Patches' download section on the HP Software Support Online site.

Keep in mind for future attempts that enterprise software such as TRIM, SQL Server etc have very specific environmental requirements and these are listed for good reason.

Anything outside of the specified requirements means it hasn't been tested, hasn't gone through QA and may very well not work.

If you did eventually get it running, you would also be unsupported by HP.

Just something to think about. :)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor
gsalgar
Message 10 of 10 (384 Views)

I totally agree with you. Nonetheless, all the efforts made help me to better understand many technical aspects involved in the installation and proper functioning of the plattform.

I'm going to install the Oracle virtual machine with Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2. I know virtual machines are not supported, but I've read that it works. Isn't it?

I'm very grateful with all of you helping us to better do our jobs.

Best regards,

Germán Salgar

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.