01-14-2014 10:08 AM
We are running TRIM 7.1.2.
Recently my client upgraded their entire email system to Outlook 365. I cannot find any documentation that suggests TRIM is compatible with Outlook 365, but email catalogueing so far seems to be unaffected. However, we are no longer able to update existing TRIM-in-Outlook folder links and cannot update the default TRIM-in-Outlook settings. An error message that simply states "The operation failed" appears.
Here are the known variables:
- Occurs on machines running Windows XP or Windows 7
- Occurs in TRIM versions 188.8.131.529 & 184.108.40.2067
- Can create new folder links within Outlook
- Cannot remove or update folder links that already existed at the time of the upgrade to Outlook 365 (though we are able to remove links via the Document Queues within the TRIM client)
- Cannot update default TRIM-in-Outlook Settings - a dialogue box opens containing the current default settings; however, if any changes are made and the user selects OK, the error message "The operation failed" appears. This occurs whether the default Record Type & Container are manually entered or browsed to via the KwikSelect icon.
- Cannot use the "Manage" option within TRIM-in-Outlook. Simply selecting the option at all causes the error message "The operation failed" to appear.
- Can catalogue emails using the existing settings or newly created folder links without issue.
Is anyone familiar with this issue or able to shed some light on other actions we might try as a work-around? Has anyone else experienced issues with Outlook 365?
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-14-2014 10:14 AM
Office 365 is not officially supported. But there's actually no such thing as an Office 365 client. It's just how it's stored on the back-end. The Office 2013 is supported in 7.3.3+ and RM8.
The settings are all stored in the registry. Manually remove them from HKCU\Software\Hewlett\Packard\HP TRIM\Outlook Addin and then try again.
01-14-2014 01:43 PM
Thanks for the suggestion to check the registry keys! I discovered that on the affected clients' machines there were still registry keys at HKCU\Software\Hewlett\Packard\HP TRIM\Outlook Addin\Dataset\Folders for linked folders that had been removed prior to the 365 upgrade, and these links did not exist within the TRIM Document Queues listing either.
After deleting the regristry keys for the links/folders that no longer existed, the clients now have full access to all of the TRIM-in-Outlook menus and settings again. Thanks again!