Re: TRIM Client Error - Connection to TRIM Dataset Failed: Data deserialisation error (421 Views)
Occasional Contributor
dr_schliebs
Message 1 of 4 (491 Views)
Accepted Solution

TRIM Client Error - Connection to TRIM Dataset Failed: Data deserialisation error

Hi all, have started to get a few of our users report the following error when attempting to launch TRIM Dekstop client:

Connection to TRIM Dataset XX Failed: Error connecting to TRIM dataset 'XX' on workgroup [ServerName]'. Data deserialisation error.

Do you wish to continue to use this dataset offline?

Have not seen version of this issue with reference to Data Deserialisation error before.  

Have attempted package repairs, client reinstalls and still keeps happening on same machine. We are using TRIM6.2.2. Any advice much appreciated..

Thanks

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 2 of 4 (450 Views)

Re: TRIM Client Error - Connection to TRIM Dataset Failed: Data deserialisation error

Is the Database online and active in the TES?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
dr_schliebs
Message 3 of 4 (436 Views)

Re: TRIM Client Error - Connection to TRIM Dataset Failed: Data deserialisation error

Yes, DB was online and active. All other users having no issue launching TRIM Client

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 4 of 4 (421 Views)

I recall seeing that error before, but I am having troubles remembering what caused it.

I would start by confirming that the users that are affected have the following:

All the recommended pre-reqs installed
The firewalls on that machine are off

that they are connecting to a vaild WGS

Get them to try another machine that is working and see if they get the same error.

If that fails

Reinstall TRIM

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation