10-30-2012 10:33 AM - edited 10-31-2012 09:03 AM
- Copies the document to the path specified and leaves it marked as "checked-out" in the database.
- TRIM will not automatically check-in the document once the authoring application has been closed.
- Most helpful when the document requires multiple edits, last several hours, or the originating application is in the standard exception list.
- Don't save to offline records if offline records is hosted on a network share and you want access on your laptop over the weekend
- Performs a check-out to offline records
- TRIMWatcher monitors the file and will attempt to automatically check-in once the originating application has released its' lock
- Most helpful when the document is a Word/Excel and the user tends to go into and out of lots of documents in a day
- Since check-in is automatic encourage users to not be impatient. Sometimes it can take 5+ minutes for the document to be checked-in
- Problems arise when offline records is on a network share
11-04-2012 02:28 PM
(Please state the version of TRIM/HPRM you're using in all posts)
Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HP.
HP Software Support Online (SSO): http://support.openview.hp.com
11-10-2012 03:59 AM