Number pad keys not working on client machines after the upgrade to HP TRIM 7.1.2 (361 Views)
Occasional Contributor
SWPR
Message 1 of 6 (361 Views)

Number pad keys not working on client machines after the upgrade to HP TRIM 7.1.2

Hi,

We  upgraded to version HP trim version 7.1.2 and we noticed that on the client machines the number pad do not work often, we would have to close TRIM for it to start working again. The number pad will work for some time and again stop working.

Has anyone experienced this and have fixed it , if so could you please let us know what is to be done.

Thanks.

SP

Please use plain text.
TRIM_is_a_Place
Message 2 of 6 (351 Views)

Re: Number pad keys not working on client machines after the upgrade to HP TRIM 7.1.2

The number pad acts as shortcut keys in TRIM.  To reactivate the numbers function press Number Lock on the Keyboard.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
SWPR
Message 3 of 6 (313 Views)

Re: Number pad keys not working on client machines after the upgrade to HP TRIM 7.1.2

Thanks for getting back to me.The issue we have is that the number pad works fine (num lock is still on) and randomly number keys do not work even though the num lock is still on. We then would have to close TRIM and then it would start working again.

We will be happy to know if there is a fix for this issue.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 4 of 6 (308 Views)

Odd issue, I haven't heard of it before.

Does it happen for all your users?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
SWPR
Message 5 of 6 (304 Views)

Yes, it happens for all users.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Katherine Birch
Message 6 of 6 (252 Views)

Hi SP

So I may be way out, I never specifically had this problem, but it could be that the keys are assigned as shortcut keys (but if they are typing in a number nothing is selected that the shorcut key to act on).  When we upgraded to 7.3, the shortcut keys were not set correctly (as per what is documented in the manual).  So we reset them.  This would mean that only some numbers (consistently the same would not work).

If this sounds like the problem (test each number on the numerical pad to see if it only effects specific ones), then try reseting the shorcut keys as detailed below.

View>toolbars>customize

keyboard tab click 'Reset All'

I would then re-test the numerical keys to see if that worked.  If it does set as a global option and get users to 'get global'

If it doesn't work, sorry I was unable to help :)

Cheers, Kate

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation