Modifying the number of records in recent docs - anyone had success with this? (165 Views)
Frequent Advisor
alexw_1
Message 1 of 2 (165 Views)

Modifying the number of records in recent docs - anyone had success with this?

From the technote:

To modify the Recent Documents or My Containers list, the following registry keys must be created and set on the client machines:

Recent Documents

Create the following registry key in the following registry key location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\FavoriteLimits

The key created must be called "RecentDocuments" of type, DWORD  or QWORD  ( DWORD for 32bit OS and QWORD for 64 bit OS ).  The value can be set here to determine how many records should be held in the tray.  The minimum is 1 and the maximum number that can be set is 1000.  The default value if the key doesn't exist is 25.

My Containers

Create the following registry key in the following registry key location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\FavoriteLimits

The key created must be called "RecentFolders"of type, DWORD  or QWORD  ( DWORD for 32bit OS and QWORD for 64 bit OS ).  The value can be set here to determine how many records should be held in the tray.  The minimum is 1 and the maximum number that can be set is 1000.  The default value if the key doesn't exist is 25.

I've tried this, and it just doesn't seem to work.

TRIM 7.1.2 build 1879 32-bit

I've added the registry keys, set them to 50, opened TRIM, browsed a couple more documents, nothing more than 25.

Reduced it to 20, closed TRIM, opened again.... 25.

I even tried the english spelling of Favourite, alas no.

Any ideas?

Trusted Contributor
Rich_Kid
Message 2 of 2 (150 Views)

Re: Modifying the number of records in recent docs - anyone had success with this?

There was a 6.2.x build we were testing that did this - 6.2.3??

I remember our test manager getting very excited as she was frustrated by the 25 limit, and disappointed when it disappeared again.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.